• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cloud Accounting Software

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloud Accounting Software

Hi All

I have started a limited company this summer but are not happy about my current accountancy and their platform.

I am invoicing in foreign currency (DKK and USD) and GBP and I am using Revolut business, as that might save me a lot in currency exchange fees and I have accounts to hold the different currencies to exchange when I think the rate is good.

I have been looking to move to one of the following platforms (standard price with multicurrency support):

- QuickBooks (20£/m)
    - Sage (30£/m)
    - FreeAgent (free with Mettle?)

Last week I thought I finally had decided on QuickBooks after they confirmed they could handle more than one account and the different currencies but then I found this review showing missing support of corporation tax (what else is missing?!). Best UK small business accounting software 2020 - review guide

I will then find an accountant to audit my accounts, but which platform is the best?

If any of you have any advice, I would love to hear it.

Mettle account with freeagent
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

FreeAgent works great with Transferwise Borderless for receiving/holding foreign currency.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Mettle account with freeagent
        Unless it's changed very recently, Mettle cannot work with overseas currencies.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperLooper View Post
          FreeAgent works great with Transferwise Borderless for receiving/holding foreign currency.
          Another vote for TW Borderless, it's a very good multi currency option.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
            Unless it's changed very recently, Mettle cannot work with overseas currencies.
            But it gives you freeagent for free and protection on £85,000 of your car monies money.

Given that the OPis using revolut I'm just providing the cheapest options
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              But it gives you freeagent for free and protection on £85,000 of your car monies money.

Given that the OPis using revolut I'm just providing the cheapest options
              Yes, you are right on that. Aside from that, I struggled with opening a Mettle account because I simply couldn't pass their security screening. I have no idea why. Whatever I sent was never enough for them even though it was exactly what they asked for. I gave up in the end. I hope others have better luck opening an account there.

Comment

Working...
              X