• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Valuating Market Shares

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valuating Market Shares

I started a limited company a few months ago. It has 1 share of £1 assigned to me, the director and owner and only person involved in the company. So far the company has made 2 transactions totalling around £100. The company has no assets and expenses of a few hundred a month, so it is losing money. I want to create and sell shares to a shareholder of 49% shares. But I need to find out the market value of shares before I can sell them I think?

Is it worth getting a valuation, or since the company is new and hardly any activity it would be worth nothing right now? Do you recommend a company that does this kind of valuation? would it make more sense to just close the company down and start a new one and split the shares at creation?

Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by kazh; 6 November 2020, 09:32.

Originally posted by kazh View Post
    I started a limited company a few months ago. It has 1 share of £1 assigned to me, the director and owner and only person involved in the company. So far the company has made 2 transactions totalling around £100. The company has no assets and expenses of a few hundred a month, so it is losing money. I want to create and sell shares to a shareholder of 49% shares. But I need to find out the market value of shares before I can sell them I think?

Is it worth getting a valuation, or since the company is new and hardly any activity it would be worth nothing right now? Do you recommend a company that does this kind of valuation? would it make more sense to just close the company down and start a new one and split the shares at creation?

Thank you in advance!
    WTF did you not put this detail in your other posts.

Oh and this question was actually answered in your previous thread - you just need to find the appropriate post (I think it's on page 10)..
    Last edited by eek; 6 November 2020, 09:40.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Is it worth getting a valuation, or since the company is new and hardly any activity it would be worth nothing right now? Do you recommend a company that does this kind of valuation?

Thank you in advance!
      Based on your previous posts, it might be worth knowing:
      Is your company currently in debt?
      Does it have the funds to pay the relevant taxes and charges?
      Does it have a method of generating income?
      If it has no assets and no income, what are the current expenses?
      Are you currently drawing a salary and dividends?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Before answering, others may want to read this: https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...areholder.html

TL;DR - despite many questions, it's not clear why the OP is wanting to do this. It *looks* like an attempted workaround to reduce/avoid/evade tax but impossible to say without more information.

Comment

Thank you in advance!
          So 49% of 3/5 of Sweet F All is what the shares are worth in all actuallity
          No need to bother with drafting a firm in for a valuation
          Hope this helps
          PS: Are you Dominic Chappell in disguise?
          Former IPSE member
          My Website

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Oh and this question was actually answered in your previous thread - you just need to find the appropriate post (I think it's on page 10)..
            I did! Its buried in the thread somewhere! yeah but in the same thread there is conflicting advice! One said since I'm hardly making anything shares are worth nothing! so it's fine to give the share for nothing

Another said if they're worth nothing and shareholder pays nothing, then it starts to make money, could still be seen as a gifted share

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Based on your previous posts, it might be worth knowing:
              Is your company currently in debt?
              Does it have the funds to pay the relevant taxes and charges?
              Does it have a method of generating income?
              If it has no assets and no income, what are the current expenses?
              Are you currently drawing a salary and dividends?
              No the company is not in debt
              it has the funds to pay relevant taxes and charges
              it does have a method of generating income but it is a service, if I go out and work it makes income, I have only done that twice so far hence only two transactions
              current expenses are just few hundred for advertising, accountant, website, accounting software,
              I have not taken any salary or dividends as of yet

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Drip-feeding is the standard sockie M.O.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                  Before answering, others may want to read this: https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...areholder.html

TL;DR - despite many questions, it's not clear why the OP is wanting to do this. It *looks* like an attempted workaround to reduce/avoid/evade tax but impossible to say without more information.
                  Oh not again! before this gets out of hand again I need to make this really clear:

Why I am doing this: I care about my friend who had a tough life and many surgeries and many more to come. neither of us have anything or made anything, or are educated, making money is tough for everyone, I want them to have enough to make them as comfortable as possible. I guess this will still be seen as vague and evasive by many so...

1) I am giving money to a friend who lives in France , I want to try to do that by making them a shareholder and allowing them to take dividends rather then sending them money as a gift

2) I will not benefit from this money in any way, my friend could spend it on food, holiday, I have no idea. It will not be benefiting directly or indirectly, they will not be investing or setting up anything from I will see the benefit in any way.

3) my friend is not blackmailing me or has any compromising data on me etc

4) I am not, and never have been married, and never had children, so I am not trying to pay a mistress

5) I do not have a joint account or any account with my friend

6) this person does not have any shares today at this moment

7) This person is not, never had been my lover, we have never had any romantic or sexual relations or activity etc

8) This person will not give me ANYTHING in return for the share i.e cash, gift, sexual favours, time, work, knowledge, advice, contacts, introductions to someone etc

9) I am not funding illegal, terrorist, or criminal organisations

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
                    So 49% of 3/5 of Sweet F All is what the shares are worth in all actuallity
                    No need to bother with drafting a firm in for a valuation
                    Hope this helps
                    PS: Are you Dominic Chappell in disguise?
                    ok thanks!

no, I'm not Dominic Chapelle, my last 10 video in my YouTube history was how to live live in a Prius! which, admittedly might be what Dominic might be considering when he gets out :P

Comment

Working...
                    X