• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ipse timing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FTAOD: there is very little, if any, reason to join IPSE if it were not for the insurance products that are bunded as part of that membership.

Therefore, IPSE membership is indistinguishable from the purchase of an insurance product.

To argue otherwise is mere cant.
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
      FTAOD: there is very little, if any, reason to join IPSE if it were not for the insurance products that are bunded as part of that membership.

Therefore, IPSE membership is indistinguishable from the purchase of an insurance product.

Unless, of course, you are trying to compare the services on offer to those of commercial insurance providers

Yes, the net result is the same, of course, just the conditions are rather different. A bit like taking a bus or two to get to work as opposed to having a chauffeur.

But I do agree, the overall value proposition of IPSE is rapidly diminishing for the average IT (or engineering) contractor.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by ittony View Post
        Does ipse tax investigation insurance cover contracts started before ipse membership was taken out?
        It covers an investigation started after membership was taken out.

So if you've already had a letter, it's too late. If not, then £50 off Plus membership with this link

Join IPSE | IPSE

IPSE also gives you access to perkbox with which you can make genuine savings on your shopping by buying discounted vouchers.

Comment

if all you want is sweet fructosey goodness there is no difference between apples and pears.
          Except for the fact that apples are not pears.....

This metaphor reminds me of another.......
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
            if all you want is sweet fructosey goodness there is no difference between apples and pears.
            Except for the fact that apples are not pears.....

This metaphor reminds me of another.......
            There is a difference in product, but that is not the topic. The topic is is there any substantive reason to join IPSE other than for the insurance bundle? My argument is that, in essence, there is not (i.e. that IPSE is merely another insurance provider albeit with a few additional baubles on the tree.)
            ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

There is a difference in product, but that is not the topic. The topic is is there any substantive reason to join IPSE other than for the insurance bundle? My argument is that, in essence, there is not (i.e. that IPSE is merely another insurance provider albeit with a few additional baubles on the tree.)
              Access to discount vouchers (although that is something umbrella firms also offer as a perk).
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

the topic is about when you need to purchase your IPSE membership to gain one of the benefits provided.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                  the topic is about when you need to purchase your IPSE membership to gain one of the benefits provided.
                  The topic of my post to which you rejoined. HTHBIDTID.
                  ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Working...
                  X