• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ipse timing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ipse timing

Does ipse tax investigation insurance cover contracts started before ipse membership was taken out?

I hope not.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Just like your car insurance will pay out

Go figure

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        I hope not.
        Why would you hope that?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
          Just like your car insurance will pay out

Go figure
          Car insurance does tend to cover cars you started driving before you bought the policy, in my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by ittony View Post
            Car insurance does tend to cover cars you started driving before you bought the policy, in my experience.
            So you buy a car, have an accident, then three years later the insurance co pay out when the injured party gets around to suing?

Comment

Why would you hope that?
              Because I don't want the money I pay going in to a pot that pays out for people that get membership midway through high risk gigs. That's like having an accident and then getting paying for your insurance later... well not quite but similar.

Actually. LM's is a better example.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Does ipse tax investigation insurance cover contracts started before ipse membership was taken out?
                Yes. IPSE insurance covers investigations *started*, and whilst one is still, a member. No membership; no coverage. When the contract started is irrelevant.

Happy to be proved wrong.
                ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

How many more times. IPSE is not insurance, it's a membership. That membership offers free tax investigation representation by experts . The only constraint is that the case is not in progress when you join, which is not unreasonable (and even then there are exceptions, such as Arctic, when there is a wider issue).

Of course, you could always phone them up and ask them about your specific situation...
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                    How many more times. IPSE is not insurance, it's a membership. That membership offers free tax investigation representation by experts . The only constraint is that the case is not in progress when you join, which is not unreasonable (and even then there are exceptions, such as Arctic, when there is a wider issue).

Of course, you could always phone them up and ask them about your specific situation...
                    this is my understanding also.

IPSE may fund the tax investigation buy buying an insurance product, but IPSE memberships is NOT insurance.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                    X