ipse timing ipse timing
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: ipse timing

  1. #1

    More time posting than coding


    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    223

    Default ipse timing

    Does ipse tax investigation insurance cover contracts started before ipse membership was taken out?

  2. #2

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    44,985

    Default

    I hope not.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  3. #3

    Default

    Just like your car insurance will pay out

    Go figure


    Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

  4. #4

    More time posting than coding


    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    I hope not.
    Why would you hope that?

  5. #5

    More time posting than coding


    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Just like your car insurance will pay out

    Go figure
    Car insurance does tend to cover cars you started driving before you bought the policy, in my experience.

  6. #6

    More fingers than teeth

    ladymuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    13,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ittony View Post
    Car insurance does tend to cover cars you started driving before you bought the policy, in my experience.
    So you buy a car, have an accident, then three years later the insurance co pay out when the injured party gets around to suing?

  7. #7

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    44,985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ittony View Post
    Why would you hope that?
    Because I don't want the money I pay going in to a pot that pays out for people that get membership midway through high risk gigs. That's like having an accident and then getting paying for your insurance later... well not quite but similar.

    Actually. LM's is a better example.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  8. #8

    Contractor Among Contractors

    wattaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ittony View Post
    Does ipse tax investigation insurance cover contracts started before ipse membership was taken out?
    Yes. IPSE insurance covers investigations *started*, and whilst one is still, a member. No membership; no coverage. When the contract started is irrelevant.

    Happy to be proved wrong.
    ---

    Former member of IPSE.


    ---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

    ---

  9. #9

    Double Godlike!

    malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...
    Posts
    12,180

    Default

    How many more times. IPSE is not insurance, it's a membership. That membership offers free tax investigation representation by experts . The only constraint is that the case is not in progress when you join, which is not unreasonable (and even then there are exceptions, such as Arctic, when there is a wider issue).

    Of course, you could always phone them up and ask them about your specific situation...
    Blog? What blog...?

  10. #10

    Godlike

    Lance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    home
    Posts
    5,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    How many more times. IPSE is not insurance, it's a membership. That membership offers free tax investigation representation by experts . The only constraint is that the case is not in progress when you join, which is not unreasonable (and even then there are exceptions, such as Arctic, when there is a wider issue).

    Of course, you could always phone them up and ask them about your specific situation...
    this is my understanding also.

    IPSE may fund the tax investigation buy buying an insurance product, but IPSE memberships is NOT insurance.
    See You Next Tuesday

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •