• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas Parties.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    That's the one that has the discounts the more you spend with some suppliers isn't it? Are the discounts actually any good? Can you recoup the price of it on just consumables and the like or is it a bit stingy?
    Amazon sent a free trial to MyCo's Amazon account, I forgot to cancel it so stuck with it for a year! Probably saved enough on postage to justify it but not sure I will continue after the year.

Amazon do a Subscribe and Save and you get between 5% and 15% discount, I use that on my personal account for big bulky items we go through quite a lot
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Hey - £50 goes a long way in Lidl
      Or Asda, I picked up 6 bottles of this over the weekend, with a 25% discount you'll still have enough for a box of chocolates for the mistress

Online Food Shopping - ASDA Groceries
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I've never used the Trivial Benefit allowance before.

Is this in addition to the Annual Event £150 allowance?

And can we have multiple trivial benefits of max £50 each, up to a £300 annual limit?

where the employer is a close company and the trivial benefits are given to a director, office holder or members of their families or households, an annual limit of £300 exists.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
          I've never used the Trivial Benefit allowance before.

Is this in addition to the Annual Event £150 allowance?

And can we have multiple trivial benefits of max £50 each, up to a £300 annual limit?

where the employer is a close company and the trivial benefits are given to a director, office holder or members of their families or households, an annual limit of £300 exists.
          that's what my accountant said.
          Not sure if it's company year or personal year though. So I'll wait till April and setup a standing order.
          I did 12 payments of £50 (2 x directors)
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
            Not sure if it's company year or personal year though. So I'll wait till April and setup a standing order.
            Do you account for it somewhere special so it's obvious that's what it is?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Do you account for it somewhere special so it's obvious that's what it is?
              haha.. No. Sundries. As the accountant asked. I've titled it trivial benefit though.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

So you can literally pay yourself cash? (I mean bank transfer )
                Last edited by ChimpMaster; 30 November 2020, 15:34.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                  So you can literally pay yourself cash? (I mean bank transfer )
                  Amazon vouchers. As good as cash to be honest the amount I spend with Amazon.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

But....

The statutory exemption lays out certain criteria that must be met in order to be counted as a trivial benefit which ensure that:

• The benefit is not cash or a cash voucher
                    • The cost to provide does not exceed £50
                    • The benefit is not provided as a contractual entitlement
                    • The benefit is not provided in return for a normal service (or services) expected by the employee – eg hitting a pre-set performance target

Common examples seen include a gift of flowers on a birthday, a turkey at Christmas, or a modest layette on the birth of a child. More than one trivial benefit can be provided during the year; however, where the employer is a close company and the trivial benefits are given to a director, office holder or members of their families or households, an annual limit of £300 exists.

EDIT: Oh...Interesting, it seems that a gift voucher is not a cash voucher...

EIM21866 - Employment Income Manual - HMRC internal manual - GOV.UK

Comment

And they've got to be spread out. Buying six £50 vouchers in the last month of your financial years doesn't look good.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X