• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas Parties.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    And they've got to be spread out. Buying six £50 vouchers in the last month of your financial years doesn't look good.
    And looks like you can only give them to employees i.e. director in our case, and not to shareholders i.e. the Mrs.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
      And looks like you can only give them to employees i.e. director in our case, and not to shareholders i.e. the Mrs.
      Erm... well obviously surely?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Erm... well obviously surely?
        Obvious to some people but going by some of the stuff we see posted on the forum it wouldn't surprise me if someone tried to give a voucher to their dog.

Comment

Obvious to some people but going by some of the stuff we see posted on the forum it wouldn't surprise me if someone tried to give a voucher to their dog.
          So why not be a bit more direct with your statement rather than 'It looks like...?'
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Ordered my €500 gift card. Can spend it in the supermarket. Done.

Just checked out the Irish Revenue guidance:

Seasonal parties and other inclusive events

You may decide to provide seasonal parties, special occasion meals or other inclusive events, such as sports days, for your employees. The cost of these events are not taxable BIKs, provided the expenses are reasonable and available to all employees.

Comment

she's a director.
              Accountant says all good.

As for lumping them all at the year end. Not ideal but timings....
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I think you can give them to family members but they are treated as if the director received the gift so it counts towards their limit.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                  that's what my accountant said.
                  Not sure if it's company year or personal year though. So I'll wait till April and setup a standing order.
                  I did 12 payments of £50 (2 x directors)

/sets up bi monthly "trivial payments"/ cheers Lance

Comment

Working...
                  X