• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company details and bank account not matching?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company details and bank account not matching?

Doing some chasing, one of my clients has lapsed on the due date of an invoice. They've asked me to confirm my bank details and have suggested that they don't match my company name. They're going to settle it of course....

Any thoughts on why this happens? I might have had this issue with the bank details / company name mismatching before... Obviously on my invoices my bank details are definitely correct!!

I assume this is the new payment protection thing that banks have introduced? If so, whatever they're putting in needs to match exactly to the letter.

So if you signed up with MyCo Consulting Limited or MyCo Consulting Mgmt Limited that's what they need to put in their banking. Not MyCo Consulting Ltd, or MyCo Consulting Management Ltd etc.

Comment

The trouble also is that there's a character limit when setting up payments. So The Best Little Consultancy Company Limited may be a valid name but you can only put the first 8 (? maybe more) characters into a payment field. This then fails the matching check. All it needs is a human to look at it and tick an override option or some such.

It's a nice idea but rather poorly implemented.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        The trouble also is that there's a character limit when setting up payments. So The Best Little Consultancy Company Limited may be a valid name but you can only put the first 8 (? maybe more) characters into a payment field. This then fails the matching check. All it needs is a human to look at it and tick an override option or some such.

It's a nice idea but rather poorly implemented.
        It's the correct idea - the issue here is (as is always the case) implementing a solution where the response to an issue is not escalate to resolve and fix but a blanket No.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Scan one of YourCo.'s bank statements, and blur out any transaction / balance details.

Scan YourCo.'s certificate of incorporation.

Scan YourCo.'s VAT registration certificate.

Email to client with a 14 day request for payment, along with a copy of the original invoice. Do not alter the original invoice. If it is incorrect, then issue a Credit Note, and re-invoice.
          Last edited by Scruff; 2 December 2020, 11:56. Reason: Wrong thread - HyperEdit
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

OP is clearly one of the Usual Suspects' sockie...
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
            X