• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My client want me to switch from my recruitment agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My client want me to switch from my recruitment agency

Hi everyone,

I really need your help.

I am currently working for a client on a 12 months contract in France. I got this job from a recruitment agency based in the UK. And I am french.

Couplesof day from now, the client where [I] am currently working tell me that they will no longer work with my current agency, witch means if I want to keep my job, I have to work with another agency.

The client already sent a mail to my agency saying they will no longer work with them.

Now my agency threatening me to go in court if I stay working for that client with another agency.

I really love my job and i do not want to move, but I am afraid to have legal issue if I change agency.

I have a clause in my current contract saying I have to wait 12 months to work there again if I don't work with my current agency.

Please i need any advice that you can provide me.

Thank you so much

Originally posted by Liece34 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I really need your help.

I am currently working for a client on a 12 months contract in France. I got this job from a recruitment agency based in the UK. And I am french.

Couplesof day from now, the client where [I] am currently working tell me that they will no longer work with my current agency, witch means if I want to keep my job, I have to work with another agency.

The client already sent a mail to my agency saying they will no longer work with them.

Now my agency threatening me to go in court if I stay working for that client with another agency.

I really love my job and i do not want to move, but I am afraid to have legal issue if I change agency.

I have a clause in my current contract saying I have to wait 12 months to work there again if I don't work with my current agency.

Please i need any advice that you can provide me.

Thank you so much
    So, The client is refusing to work with you agency.

Which means that the question the agency will need to demonstrate is what loss they are making and that is zero because

1) the client has no work for that agency
    2) you are in France so exactly what are they going to do - at best they will start (and win, if you really unlucky) a court case but they won't be able claim the money because you are in France.

I would just ask them to demonstrate their loss given point 1 and start working through the new agency.
    Last edited by eek; 5 December 2020, 21:33.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Yep - eek sums it up.

The agency can't do much about this other than blow a lot of hot air

Comment

To add to what Eek has said.

12 months is probably unenforceable in English law.
        Are you based in France as well? If so then English law is probably not the correct jurisidction.
        And.... the agency has to be able to prove that you are with the same client. That may not be so easy if the client are breaking all ties.

It's almost certainly hot air. And even if they decide to try and get legal it will cost you c. £1500 in legal fees to make it go away permanently.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
        X