• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is an umbrella company the best choice?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is an umbrella company the best choice?

Hello

I am looking to undertake two simultaneous contracts that are inside IR35.

Is an Umbrella company the best option in terms of maximising the take home profits?

Can you suggest a trustworthy Umbrella company?

Thanks!

read this https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...-umbrella.html

and yes an umbrella is the best choice, in that a LTD company would cost you but have no benefits.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Yes and speak to Lucy at Clarity Umbrella. She's a regular poster on the forums and knows her stuff.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by businessor View Post
        Hello

I am looking to undertake two simultaneous contracts that are inside IR35.

Is an Umbrella company the best option in terms of maximising the take home profits?

Can you suggest a trustworthy Umbrella company?

Thanks!
        Its worth saying umbrella companies cannot maximise your take home pay - except for their fees your take home pay will be identical regardless of the umbrella you pick.

And if you find an umbrella that is offering / paying you more take home* than others that's not actually possible as you are personally responsible for the tax you pay so it's only going to give you a short term benefit followed by a lot of long term pain.

* Umbrella companies may be able to soften the tax pain in other ways though - say by salary sacrifice into a pension or cycle to work or car lease scheme.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Thanks for the info.

My employer is flexible to offer me a permanent role or a contract.

Would an Umbrella company have a benefit than a permanent role in terms of profits?

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Would an Umbrella company have a benefit than a permanent role in terms of profits?
            You started off with 2 separate contracts, now you talk about a permanent role?

So I'm confused over that part and we can't answer any question as to whether a permanent role is better than an inside IR35 contracts as that really does depend on the company.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Profits ?? You are PAYE under umbrella

Add both contacts day rates together

53% of that rate will be your take home pay

Any other questions?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

It started with him having 2 permanent jobs (which he called "contracts"):
                https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...contracts.html

Then he said they might not be permanent.

Then he went to Umbrella with 2 temporary contracts and having an employer as well:
                https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...st-choice.html

And then he was back to permanent employment or temporary contract:
                https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...aily-rate.html
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                X