• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LTD company for occasional freelance work. Is it going to cost more than I will earn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not enough information to know. You all know simply having an SoW for adhoc work is not enough. The working practices are key here along with any direction and control.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I know assumptions can be a dangerous thing but reading the OPs post what do you think it will be? Is he working like a disuised permie? Would the agency have offered LTD if it was inside?
      You know as well as I do the agency might not have any idea. If it's a small business, the impact could be on the OP.

Edited to say - NLUK, you are normally **** hot on stuff like this

Comment

I'd suggest a LTD. This is not umbrella land. Would need a separate umbrella contract for every piece of work. An umbrella could likely be more paperwork than a LTD rather than less.

I'd also suggest finding a local accountant to help rather than our usual suggestions.

And don't bother with VAT. All the accountant needs to handle is payroll and company returns so should costs less. If they want more than £1k then use on of the usual ones in the threads here.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Manic View Post
          Not enough information to know. You all know simply having an SoW for adhoc work is not enough. The working practices are key here along with any direction and control.
          Nope the fact it's fixed price trumps everything - as the financial risk is passed to the contractor - that's a clear outside verdict even on CEST
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Nope the fact it's fixed price trumps everything - as the financial risk is passed to the contractor - that's a clear outside verdict even on CEST

I agree, not sure I would bet my house on it being fixed price based on the information though. It might simply have been an estimate to provide the valuation against the limited company costs.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Agreed. As I say, we've always got to make assumptions to help questions like this but this one looks as clear as it can be so we can discount the inside option until the OP tells us otherwise.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X