• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone else here using Pandle for their bookkeeping?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just had to do an internet search for Pandle. Never heard of it before! As others have recommended (assuming you're in the contracting market), Freeagent is probably the best fit in terms of software. Their mobile app has the most functionality over their competitors.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Never heard of Pandle.

Is this a solution you picked for yourself, or what your accountant recommended? If the latter then I would ask them to provide you with training.
      I see the poster just signed up this month. Perhaps he/she is Pandle?
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by FreakShow View Post
        I'm struggling with putting through expenses for purchasing IT equipment though. The guides and tutorials are next to useless to me. Maybe it's the software, maybe it's just my lack of understanding, but is it not intuitive or just me?
        Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
        seems unlikely given the initial post
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
          Originally posted by Lance View Post
          seems unlikely given the initial post
          Yeah, sign up for my shiddy software, plenty cheapness

Comment

I do not work for Pandle. It's not intuitive.

I'm going to call my accountant this week and get this understood, if they can't I will use freeagent and not accept them asking for more money to use a different system.

And if they don't like that I will change accountant oncce January tax return is done.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Maybe the pricing is really cheap to get people in and then jack up the price later.

Usually people are directed to FreeAgent, Quickbooks, Xero, Sage for online accounting. I've used Sage and recently moved to Xero. I used the desktop version of QuickBooks when I first started out and have trialled FreeAgent. All are decent systems. You need to do the trials and give them a really good go of all your expected use cases before choosing one to make sure it meets your needs. FA is the market leader as it is feature-rich. I just prefer the interface on Xero.
              I mean I think both XERO and Sage would disagree

Free Agent acquired by Nat West in 2017 for £53m
              XERO current market cap £360m
              Sage current market cap £6.4 Bn

So I very much doubt freeagent is the market leader

Comment

Originally posted by oilboil View Post

In our niche of service based industries - it very much is...
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by oilboil View Post

I should have been clearer about Sage - I mean for a product on a par with the likes of FreeAgent that's accessible for a 'lay' market. They also have huge solutions for enterprise customers and much inbetween.

I didn't know that about Xero though, they seem quite small in feel. Really pleased with their banking interaction, everything works seamlessly. With Sage I had to import CSVs for one card provider and another got cut off due to the Open Banking launch (with Sage claiming that provider wasn't part of the Open Banking standard even after I emailed them the API information).

Comment

Working...
                  X