• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Going perm... for now

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going perm... for now

Ltd Co being set to dormant status by my accountant who's charging 50% fees going forward while I start the perm contract. I want the option to return to contract at some point so no plans to close but question is do I really need to be paying an accountant at all?

Plus given that the last year has been freelance projects as opposed to all out contract work should I cancel QDOS insurances and IPSE?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Which insurances do you have?

Comment

Indemnity and liability insurance

Sent from my SM-N960F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

I'd keep PI for a year unless you're certain there's no likelihood of a claim against you.

I'd also keep IPSE for a year in case HMRC come a-knocking.

If after a year you're still not trading then you'll probably want to start thinking about closing down anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I'd keep PI for a year unless you're certain there's no likelihood of a claim against you.

I'd also keep IPSE for a year in case HMRC come a-knocking.
          They can ask about personal and company taxation for 2 years after year end and VAT for 6... I'd suggest at least two years.

I speak as someone who got their Christmas card at the end of the 2nd year.
          ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Working...
          X