• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NOW Pensions - Data Breach

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOW Pensions - Data Breach

I got an email this morning (genuine by all accounts) from NOW Pensions (now owned by Cardano) informing me that somone with access to their data posted all my info (name, NI number, address, email, etc) to a pubic forum, from where it was copied. This happened a few days ago. ICO, regulator informed etc.

I'm not sure how many others were affected, and there's nothing in any news/reporting that I can find.

Anyone else affected? It seems that a lot of workplaces use this company.

Have you checked haveibeenpwned?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Have you checked haveibeenpwned?
      Yes (and Troy Hunt's (whi runs it) Twitter page, and NOW Pensions breach is not on there - but it was only a few days ago apparrently, so may not have been made pubiic yet.

Comment

Originally posted by pushingpixels View Post
        Yes (and Troy Hunt's (whi runs it) Twitter page, and NOW Pensions breach is not on there - but it was only a few days ago apparrently, so may not have been made pubiic yet.
        So it's just hearsay so far?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Is it hearsay if the notifcation came from the company that experienced the breach?

I'd phone the pension provider and ask if the email is genuine if there's any cause for doubt over the authenticity of the email.

Comment

was there a URL in the email you received?
            Did you click it and check the certs and name?
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

No it's not hearsay - email was from provider, and I've spoken to them on the phone.

How many were affected? "A big number.." - they couldn't (or can't) actually state the figure.

So there will be many on this forum who are affected, and they should be aware (if they aren't already). Leaked data was copied so we can assume the world and their civit cat have access to it.

Comment

Not now

UK firm NOW: Pensions tells 1.7 million customers a 'service partner' leaked their data all over 'public software forum' • The Register

Comment

Oh dear. And the company is trying to play this down? The data was out there to copy for three days??? That's awful.
                  Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
                  X