• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting for a US Company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting for a US Company

Hi everyone,

I has been a contractor for around 20 years but I turned to a permanent employee around 12 months ago. I have been offered a role to work for a start-up company which are based in the USA to be their UK Field CTO. The engagement will last around 2 years and they have given me an official 12 month contract.

I think I should be OK for a IR35 perspective as they don't have any other employees in the UK and the contract clearly states that I am free to do as I please, and I am free to do what hours I choose and it's an outcome based role. I have to give them a list of activities that I perform instead of being told what to do. Are my assumptions correct?

My biggest question is how I get paid. I was thinking of setting up another limited company, and then having myself and my wife as a Director to make it tax efficient as possible. Are there any other tax efficient schemes available or any gotcha's for working for a US Company?? They have agreed to pay me a set salary per month instead of a daily hourly pay.

Any advise appreciated!

You have a contract, it names you personally? How can a new limited company help you if the contract is with you and not a company?
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Why not have the money paid to your company that owes loads of money to HMRC?

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...t=#post2833247

See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
      X