• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MVL - entrepreneurs relief and starting new LTD Company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luxCon View Post
    I do not control my own wind in the house. HMRC can see that my wife is in total control of my life and everything I'm allowed to do.
    Ok, go ahead then, I'm sure HMRC will accept such evidence from your wife

Comment

Ok, When I say forced I mean it was the option between going PAYE or not having any income. The client terminated the contract with my company and offered me a job, take it or leave it.
      FTFY

What if say my wife setup the new LTD company? Noting that she is a minority shareholder in the old one and benefiting from distribution.
      Really? What do you think?
      Why would a TAAR rule apply only to the majority shareholder?
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

No, your wife fails the connected person element of the TAAR. Suck it up and stop trying to evade the tax you properly owe.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
          No chance - HMRC "look through" such scam arrangements and would easily see that you're a controlling entity in the new Ltd. This one is as transparent as it gets.
          What if he gets a mustache ?

https://twitter.com/barronjohn1946/s...786200064?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

I'd imagine if you were forced inside 35 then you were inside all along so better you let the Ltd die and avoid being low hanging fruit for HMRC.

I called this situation Re shutting companies without thinking properly last year when we got the raft of questions from short sighted greedy people wanting their chunk of cash but not thinking beyond the end of their noses. People were gonna get caught out and there is no coming back. You MVL so you are done for two years. No fiddles or magic beans for this one. Guess it sorts the contractors out from the rest.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              I'd imagine if you were forced inside 35 then you were inside all along so better you let the Ltd die and avoid being low hanging fruit for HMRC.

I called this situation Re shutting companies without thinking properly last year when we got the raft of questions from short sighted greedy people wanting their chunk of cash but not thinking beyond the end of their noses. People were gonna get caught out and there is no coming back. You MVL so you are done for two years. No fiddles or magic beans for this one. Guess it sorts the contractors out from the rest.

Northernlad, you seem to know everything. What if I collected all the invoices, and sent them all a day after the 2 years?? Wil that do the trick?

Comment

Northernlad, you seem to know everything. What if I collected all the invoices, and sent them all a day after the 2 years?? Wil that do the trick?
                What on earth are you talking about?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Why not just get them to pay straight into your personal bank account. Then after two years open up a company with that money as starting capital? that makes as much sense as your suggestion
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                    More chance of his wife getting a moustache than any of his harebrained ideas working (including the latest deferred-invoices one).
                    Last edited by Paralytic; 13 January 2021, 08:50.

Comment

Northernlad, you seem to know everything.
                      Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      What on earth are you talking about?
                      I'm *very* confused about that too....

Comment

Working...
                      X