• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Claiming future expense

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Claiming future expense

Hello

Is it possible to claim for the current fiscal year expense for the next year that haven't been paid yet?

For example, if I know my LTD will pay £40k in pension and £500 in phone cost this fiscal year and the same next year

Could I deduct it from profit on the year 2020? So I total expense of £81k?

So if my profit is £100k, could I deduct £81k to include expense and not pay corporation tax on it?

It sounds better than paying it now then claim corporation tax back later.
    Last edited by cwah; 15 January 2021, 10:33.

Originally posted by cwah View Post
    Hello

Is it possible to claim for the current fiscal year expense for the next year that haven't been paid yet?

For example, if I know my LTD will pay £40k in pension and £500 in phone cost this fiscal year and the same next year

Could I deduct it from profit on the year 2020? So I total expense of £81k?

So if my profit is £100k, could I deduct £81k to include expense and not pay corporation tax on it?

Um, No...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Um, No...
      But isn't it the same if I can claim back loss on the next fiscal year?

Comment

So much wrong with this question it's untrue. Dunno where to start but it's not an expense until it's been paid. That alone closes this silly thing down.

This level of ridiculousness would be very gratefully received in General. Could a mod make it so.
        Last edited by northernladuk; 15 January 2021, 10:53.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

But isn't it the same if I can claim back loss on the next fiscal year?
          Oh dear.

Comment

Chuckle.

Fereal?

Yes, "cwah", that is absolutely fine, good boy. Also, while you're there, feel free to deduct anything else from profit that seems like a good idea. If you have any clownshoes, for example, that is probably an allowable expense.

Comment

are you planning on making a loss next year or something?
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                are you planning on making a loss next year or something?
                It's gonna be dry days with IR35. I'd like to save on tax while I'm still making a profit

Comment

It's gonna be dry days with IR35. I'd like to save on tax while I'm still making a profit
                  Wow.. And you are still carrying on

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    So much wrong with this question it's untrue. Dunno where to start but it's not an expense until it's been paid. That alone closes this silly thing down.

This level of ridiculousness would be very gratefully received in General. Could a mod make it so.
                    Indeed. The OP would be much better off with the NLUK_Dutch_Antillies scheme. 90% take home guaranteed. Just remit your invoice to the offshore account and you can be certain of getting your 90% back.

And the best thing about the NLUK_Dutch_Antillies scheme is they make charitable donation such as to mod ban hammer awards....

Comment

Working...
                    X