• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any views on potential increases to Corp Tax?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting PoV here
    Corporation tax: 'race to bottom' may be ending after 40 years – here's why it never made sense

Comment

Interesting, but I'm not sure there is actually much substance in there. It is pretty much a list of straw man arguments that are then knocked aside. Reads like hindsight journalism now that there's rumours of CT increasing again.

Comment

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

(Behind a paywall, but you may get around it by searching for the title and following the link indirectly.)

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
          Interesting, but I'm not sure there is actually much substance in there. It is pretty much a list of straw man arguments that are then knocked aside. Reads like hindsight journalism now that there's rumours of CT increasing again.
          Sadly that's a feature of most articles on The Conversation. You start off thinking they're going to do something in depth on an interesting topic and then the articles fizzle out. Regarding this particular one, I think it's a reasonable aid to understanding some of the wider arguments but to understand the detail one would need to look elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

(Behind a paywall, but you may get around it by searching for the title and following the link indirectly.)
            This direct link from Twitter got me to the full article.

https://twitter.com/FT/status/1353371767549652992

Comment

Working...
            X