• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Free webinar: Effective stress control for contractors : Mon Mar 22 7:15 PM More details here.

Latest thinking on business banking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #11
    Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    What's wrong with HSBC and paying £8 per month?
    Paying £8 a month when I have no need to is what's wrong.
    OK I don't care that much, if at all, but why pay for something when there's no need?
    See You Next Tuesday

    Comment


      #12
      Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      I only pay £6.50
      £7 for Sandtander. Been top notch of the 10+ years I've had it.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

      Comment


        #13
        Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Is there something pushing you to feel like you ought to change banks?

        Yes, I don't have a business a/c. I closed it some time ago, with the view of moving to another bank but never got around to it...then benched myself, then was benched involuntarily, then this work arrives & I need an account sharpish. So I have work, but nowhere to pay my stash. Irony.
        Clarity is everything

        Comment


          #14
          Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I only pay £6.50
          I pay extra for the SMS service...
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

          Comment


            #15
            Maslins has a business bank account with Monzo. Mainly got it for the sharing facility (3 staff members can all make payments from it), and it works great. Admittedly it is, at least for now, a secondary account, but gets thumbs up from me.

            With MVL Online hat on we have to deal with a lot of banks. Ones we have the best experiences with are Barclays, Cater Allen, Starling. Ones we have the worst experiences with are HSBC, Tide, Santander. Obviously putting your company into liquidation is a rare thing, but in all cases we're dealing with their customer service departments, so I'd rate those as good/poor respectively for the banks mentioned in this para.

            Comment


              #16
              Originally posted by Maslins View Post
              Maslins has a business bank account with Monzo. Mainly got it for the sharing facility (3 staff members can all make payments from it), and it works great. Admittedly it is, at least for now, a secondary account, but gets thumbs up from me.

              With MVL Online hat on we have to deal with a lot of banks. Ones we have the best experiences with are Barclays, Cater Allen, Starling. Ones we have the worst experiences with are HSBC, Tide, Santander. Obviously putting your company into liquidation is a rare thing, but in all cases we're dealing with their customer service departments, so I'd rate those as good/poor respectively for the banks mentioned in this para.
              It's a rare thing but it's not a unique thing so you would have thought most banks had a process to deal with it.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

              Comment


                #17
                Originally posted by Maslins View Post
                Maslins has a business bank account with Monzo. Mainly got it for the sharing facility (3 staff members can all make payments from it), and it works great. Admittedly it is, at least for now, a secondary account, but gets thumbs up from me.

                With MVL Online hat on we have to deal with a lot of banks. Ones we have the best experiences with are Barclays, Cater Allen, Starling. Ones we have the worst experiences with are HSBC, Tide, Santander. Obviously putting your company into liquidation is a rare thing, but in all cases we're dealing with their customer service departments, so I'd rate those as good/poor respectively for the banks mentioned in this para.

                Thanks. Just checked that one & noticed that 'Business Lite' is free too.
                Clarity is everything

                Comment


                  #18
                  Originally posted by SteelyDan View Post
                  Thanks. Just checked that one & noticed that 'Business Lite' is free too.
                  Yeah Monzo have a free version. There's a few things you only get with the paid account (something like £5/month), critical one for us was the multiple users. Do check you can do what you want from the free version if you'd be averse to paying £5/month.

                  Comment


                    #19
                    I have used Tide for over 2 years now. No major issues but this is NOT a bank. It is quite an important distinction because this leads them to comply with a lot more red tape. For example they will stop large transactions to new receivers and ask you to provide evidence or for example I was unable to purchase something from samsung via the tide card because they had a limit set for that retailer (this was lifted after I raised it). I wouldn't use it for my warchest though, I don't really leave retained profits.

                    Comment


                      #20
                      Originally posted by SteelyDan View Post
                      Yes, I don't have a business a/c. I closed it some time ago, with the view of moving to another bank but never got around to it...then benched myself, then was benched involuntarily, then this work arrives & I need an account sharpish. So I have work, but nowhere to pay my stash. Irony.
                      Ah. I get you

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X