• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Investing Reserves

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a look at Scootie's posts?

Posted from my Superyacht, moored somewhere off Covidia
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by oilboil View Post
      What I don't get is if you don't expect to be around in 18 years time and currently have a SIPP with lots in it and a maxxed ISA for the years you've been an adult and plenty of cash in personal accounts, 100K in profits and a healthy outlook on employment and your own flat - WHY THE HELL ARE YOU WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH THE CASH??

Spend it on a great life, if your statements are true, you can fund your lifestyle adequately from earnings and don't need a pension (as if you "wander off" at 50 you can't touch it anyway). If its just you why bother getting a bigger place, enjoy the flat and blow the cash on frivilous stuff

I suspect though the reality is you do expect to live longer, you hope to have a family and you are looking for someone to come up with a Nirvana investment profile for you. Hint: If any of us really knew how best to invest our surpluses we wouldn't be on a contractor forum, we'd be on our superyacht instead
      Very fair.

ISA isn't maxxed, 25k in from last year.
      SIPP - again pretty small considering dont have much of anything from perm pot.

Flat wise - I guess if I was set for medium term investment would go into my own property - but as an over analyser, over thinker and worrier with anxiety with fears of commitment............. there are too many variables here.. If my building goes down the pan (or I get noisy neighbours) moving becomes a very real possibility. Also if I ever meet someone again I want to settle with, being close to work is less of an issue since Covid so I'd be open to a house.

But you've got me in sum - I don't spend much on fun/ living life - covid restricts that even more - my vices are holidays, drinking, nice meals etc. I'm not materialistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
        Have a look at Scootie's posts?

Posted from my Superyacht, moored somewhere off Covidia
        Couldn't find any poster with 'scootie'

Comment

Originally posted by ContractNewbie18 View Post
          Couldn't find any poster with 'scootie'
          https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ocurrency.html
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Crypto ? I invested a few hunded a few years ago which is now worth half :S

Comment

Crypto ? I invested a few hunded a few years ago which is now worth half :S
              Bearing in mind it's at it's highest ever I think you are talking rubbish.

Can we do a sockie check on this one?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Bearing in mind it's at it's highest ever I think you are talking rubbish.

Can we do a sockie check on this one?
                maybe he bought this one...
                OneCoin - Wikipedia
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

need to check the deposits - Bitcoin - i put in about 550, have about 350, I did buy something with it but thought I was still under. App is a bit crap.

Comment

need to check the deposits - Bitcoin - i put in about 550, have about 350, I did buy something with it but thought I was still under. App is a bit crap.
                    prolly lost most of your profit in BTC transaction fees
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

gone up recently to be fair might just be the couple of things i bought with BTC

Comment

Working...
                      X