• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New agency regs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interestingly, I found out from my old colleagues, a new contractor has been taken on to perform my old support role

Currently trying to find out if the same agent placed this new contractor

If so, anyone know if this situation is actionable ?

Comment

Do you mean that the agency should have offered the role to you in the first place?
      I don't think so
      They can place whoever they like - as long as the client's happy with their choice.
      Now if you can prove that they lied to the client, for example, tell them that you were not willing to work there any more (and provided it isn't true), then maybe you have some sort of case.... but I guess that would be very hard to prove so I doubt you would have a case at all.

Now regarding oervdue payment... of course you have a very strong case there!

Comment

Your best bet will probably be the small claims court (county court) but before you do that do get proper legal advice (should cost no more than £100 for the 10-20 minutes of work required from them).

However, this does beg the question...why didnt you ask the client what was going on?

Mailman

Comment

2 years of living out of a suitcase, to-ing and fro-ing between london and dublin every weekend was enough for me

remember also, 2 years ago rates were pretty poor, in all that time the agency never lifted a finger to increase the rate (or if they did it never got passed on)

just happy to be back home now !

However, I'm sure people really want to know how I get on with the DTI, and legal action against these crooks, watch this space...

BTW I hit them with a quote from the "late payment legislation" which allows me to charge 12% on money outstanding, will see if I have a nice little nest egg when this is all over

Comment

they coughed up in full...no apology, no offer of another contract elsewhere either LOL

Comment

Well its 12% over an entire year...so really you can only ping them 1% each month plus something like £60 collection cost on top of that. Hardly going to make them cough up.

Face it...agents are scum.

Mailman

Comment

you missed the point of my 12% quote

yes I knew the 12% was per annum, but where else can you get anywhere approaching 12% these days ?

but the big issue was that the agency paid up without me going to any real effort. I suspect this was primarily due to the EAR position rather than them feeling sorry for me or being threatened with a 12% per annum charge

Comment

But it could have been because they felt sorry for you?

Mailman

Comment

Working...
                  X