• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank suggestion?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank suggestion?

Just set up my limited company, and now I need a bank account.

Can anyone please suggest a good bank to go with?

I am with HSBC at the moment, and like the idea of staying with them for a business account, esp for the internet banking facility (does it issue a debit/credit card too?)

I have take a quick look at Cater-Allen bank or bank of scotland, but I prefer a larger bank with a global presence..(as I might be doing some trading business later)

Any bank you'd suggest? or anyone with HSBC?

Thanks heaps.

I'm with Royal Bank of Scotland. They seem to be pretty good. You get a debit card to withdraw your money. There are a number of different account types. I have the internet one (cause it is free) It suites me and thats what counts

Comment

How long did it take you to set up the account?

Comment

just a couple of weeks to set the initial details up that you will need to get paid and then another week or so to get cheque books and paying in slips e.t.c sent to you.

I sorted mine out through Halifax as there wasn't an actual Bank Of Scotland in my local town. They were quite on the ball always phoning me to inform me what was going on and the progress of the account

Comment

HSBC

Been with HSBC since 1994, very good no complaints at all.

Comment

Re: HSBC

king contractor: the 'Small Business Tariff' do sound a bit costly? Or would a typical contractor fall into that category?

Comment

HSBC

I would agree that you can probably find cheaper banks to do business with, however, in my case I have a great relationship with my branch of HSBC and I don't have that many transactions a month.

Comment

I'm with Royal Bank of Scotland.
                Typical lying scouse bastard!

I sorted mine out through Halifax as there wasn't an actual Bank Of Scotland in my local town. They were quite on the ball always phoning me to inform me what was going on and the progress of the account
                Royal Bank of Scotland and the Halifax are not connected, Halifax and the Bank of Scotland are!

The sooner we have global warming and Liverpool is under water, the better!

Comment

Bank of Scotland internet account is good, free and doesn't take long to set up

Comment

Working...
                  X