• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recommended management companies in Germany..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Management companies are pretty much a no-no in Germany, the Finanzamt really don't like them.

You send a letter to the Finanzamt saying you´re working as a freelancer, bill the company who pay direct to you, fill in a VAT form every month and fill in a tax return at the end of the year. A Steuerberater (German Accountant) will do all this for you of course.
    When I started I didn't even have to do that, as long as I had my tax number, which you get once you start paying any tax, that will suffice. My VAT is done on a 3 month basis in advance and tax is done once a year but you pay in arrears. Your tax advisor will work out how much you are going to earn and spend next year from your previous years earnings and your taxation is worked out on that. Keep every single receipt and keep them for 10 years as well. I've known the Finanzamt to come to peoples houses and take every piece of paperwork away, freeze their bank accounts and they as much, if not more, power than the police.

The most important thing to do in Germany: get a Steuerberater. As a permie you can quite easily do your own, as a freelancer its practically impossible.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Well this one came back from the dead over a year later. Anyone know what the record is for inadvertantly ressurecting dead threads?
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
      X