• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Giant Do Not Touch Giant Msc /umbrellla /limited

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giant Do Not Touch Giant Msc /umbrellla /limited

Dear forum,

Just to make you aware, if you are looking to find a company to set up your limited company - do not touch GIANT Ltd. I have been using them for the past 2.5 years and they are USELESS and INCOMPETENT. I have only received my correct payments about 8 times in the period of 2.5 years. They have used every excuse in the book.

I have had about 5 account managers so each time they change you have to build that relationship up again - My current AM is David Hill and at first he was competent but does not keep his eye on the ball and monitor things to prevent issues arising before pay day...he basically leaves it until it has gone wrong then just 'apologises'

Matthew Brown their MD used to respond to emails and was apologetic at first, but it seems now that he doesnt have the balls to face his customers when the problem has re-occured again and again, and I have been told by David that if I wish to illicit a response from their MD i must now put it in writing to their office address following their complaints procedure.....I think he is probably so snowed under with email complaints that he has to divert them to the complaints team......basic advice DO NOT TRUST THEM WITH YOUR COMPANY OR MONEY!!!!!!!

to make this post fair can you comment on exactly what has gone wrong?

have they not paid you on time?
    was the tax incorrect?
    did you get charged too much?

i would imagine like any umbrella there is no real benefit to hanging onto your money as although they can make a bit of interst on it this is far offset by having you call the office and rant and rave at the staff......

Comment

My CSM was <mod snip> and has been for the last 2 years I have to say that I have never had a problem with Giant the only thing that annoyed me was I was not told to put money aside for personal tax as my total income of the year went above the 38k threshold so now will have to fork out. Apart from that the service has been good.

Comment

Originally posted by AZZIK
        My CSM was <mod snip> and has been for the last 2 years I have to say that I have never had a problem with Giant the only thing that annoyed me was I was not told to put money aside for personal tax as my total income of the year went above the 38k threshold so now will have to fork out. Apart from that the service has been good.
        I would suggest that is a pretty important failing for someone whose business is to manage your financial affairs on your behalf. I would be a lot more than annoyed, I would be looking to recover lost interest before I took my buisiness elsewhere.

Still, if you're happy, that's your choice...
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Thats why I am going to go LTD in the new tax year.

Comment

I tooo spent 2 years with giant and they failed to provide a service. their website ONLY works in IE and despite promises to the contrary when I signed up they have made no effort to change.

My first CSM failed to enter my expenses (I can't as no portal) Despite sending receipts in recorded they regularly 'lose' them. they often don't pay but can't explain why.

2nd CSM was very good but left, 3rd is downright rude and patronising they owe me vast sums of money but I am unable to speak to anybody to sort this out, everybody is off sick! when you ring. and again they got my tax wrong so rebate followed.

their latest trick was to post my payslip to a hotel when I queried this I was told this was my fault as I was having my post forwarded, no apology no offer to look into it. IF my post was being forward alll my mail would go not just my payslip.

so I really need a good brolly

Comment

i used giant before i went limited.
              In fairness to them, i never had any problems at all.
              Keep it clean!!!

Comment

If they are so bad why on earth would you stay with them for 2.5 years?

Comment

I've used them for 2 years and they were fine. I've now sacked them and gone LTD with SJD - impressed at the moment. Wish i had gone limited earlier but at least i wasn't umbrella.

However, I do agree. If they were that bad why did you stay for so long?

Comment

p.s <mod snip> was my CSM at Giant and has been great. Very polite and deals with any issue efficiently. I would recommend you ask to change your CSM to Micheal.

Comment

Working...
                    X