• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

3G Cards

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3G Cards

I'm thinking of getting a 3g card to waste away the time on the train.

Does anyone here use them or can recommend one? They all look pretty much the same to me.

Originally posted by ~Craig~
    I'm thinking of getting a 3g card to waste away the time on the train.

Does anyone here use them or can recommend one? They all look pretty much the same to me.
    why bother ? get a 3g phone and connect it to your laptop.
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

I already have a phone and don't want to go back to carrying two. I was looking at Blackberry Pearls but I don't think I could get to CUK on it or have the free allowances you get with the 3g cards.

Comment

I had a Vodafone one at one stage (came free with laptop) - VERY expensive to run though. I spent over £100 for the first month alone, and didn't use it that much anyway. Haven't looked at them in the past year after getting stung.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

mmm just notice I posted this in the wrong area!

T-Mobile now do an unlimited 3g card for £29 a month which seems quite reasonable.

Comment

Depends where you are in the country.

My Vodafone 3g card get's a 3g reception exactly 0% of the way from Selby to Manchester Victoria.

GPRS all the way

Comment

T-Mobile now do an unlimited 3g card for £29 a month which seems quite reasonable.
              I have a t-mobile 3G card. Very good. If you get one dispense with the software they give you (its pap) and follow this guide I wrote. Much easier.

http://www.3g.co.uk/3GForum/showthread.php?t=48832

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
                I have a t-mobile 3G card. Very good. If you get one dispense with the software they give you (its pap) and follow this guide I wrote. Much easier.

http://www.3g.co.uk/3GForum/showthread.php?t=48832
                ok thanks. Do those steps setup the 3g,gprs & wireless?

Comment

Vodafone do the same kind of deal for the same price as well.

Both have a 3GB limit on what you can download though.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

T-mobile have to options the £29 a month is very good option, and it comes in the form of a white USB modem.

Comment

Working...
                    X