• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone using/used Access Financial Services?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skubidoo View Post
    ASFF have been recommended to me too. Are there any alternative companies offering the same sort of solutions?

Cheers.
    See this thread for a comprehensive list:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...companies.html

Comment

All of these 'Contractor Management Companies' provide cash and kickbacks to the recruitment agencies for ensuring their contractors use their services.
      Access are certainly no different to the rest of them in this regard. If your recruitment agency pushes you towards one of them you can be darn sure there is a reason for it. There are plenty of options out there for you to chose from so why not get a quote and overview of all the structures available to you. Try http:/ /contractortaxation.com/
      It's free.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback all.

Much appreciated.

Comment

This may help. Link

Access and all the ManCos that operate split schemes are under investigation in Belgium. A lot of contractors have very poor sphincter muscles at the moment because of this. Read up on the forum about Connexions and their ilk to give you some idea about the problem.
          I am not an expert, just someone who has experienced things first hand. If you need expert advice then seek out a qualified expert. My opinions are just that, my opinions. I could be wrong, and laws change, so trust nothing I say

Comment

I got a friend now who used AFSS and raided by f-amt.

Let's see what kind of help AFSS will offer..

I'll update it as soon as I hear anything...

This is the time when you call if it's a good MC or not.

Comment

Access Financial - only good news so far

I use AFS. I must admit they are helpful, informed, and seem to have a good accountant (very efficient) to do my taxes in France.

They use a team based in CH and India, and they are knowledgable, and respond very quickly to questions.

I also thought the charges were reasonable compared to some other umbrellas I considered.

So, to date, I am very pleased with my choice. And as I have no "fixed abode" in any particular country, they were able to spend the time to find a solution to optimise income, with their compliance department making sure Iwas... compliant.

Comment

Originally posted by moocherx View Post
                I use AFS. I must admit they are helpful, informed, and seem to have a good accountant (very efficient) to do my taxes in France.

They use a team based in CH and India, and they are knowledgable, and respond very quickly to questions.

I also thought the charges were reasonable compared to some other umbrellas I considered.

So, to date, I am very pleased with my choice. And as I have no "fixed abode" in any particular country, they were able to spend the time to find a solution to optimise income, with their compliance department making sure Iwas... compliant.

Join date Dec 2009
                Only 1 post, and that was today.
                Public profile not visible.
                Me thinks insider

By the way, No Fixed Abode does not = no tax residency.
                I am not an expert, just someone who has experienced things first hand. If you need expert advice then seek out a qualified expert. My opinions are just that, my opinions. I could be wrong, and laws change, so trust nothing I say

Comment

Having read the connexions thread, sounds to me you'd be better off financially by not accepting the contract and staying on the bench. Some contractors are several hundred grand in debt because of schemes.

good luck...sounds like a poison chalice though
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    Having read the connexions thread, sounds to me you'd be better off financially by not accepting the contract and staying on the bench. Some contractors are several hundred grand in debt because of schemes.

good luck...sounds like a poison chalice though
                    Don't be too disheartened. It is possible to do it legally, and have an acceptable retention of income. Less depressing reading here. A lot of the advice there is also relevant for France, as they follow more or less the same rules as Belgium.

Would be nice one day if the ManCos who claim to be sooooo compliant, came out from the shadows and published a detailed online explanation. After all, if it's legal and compliant, who, or what, are they hiding from?

• How many of them actually send you detailed written explanations of how there system/scheme actually works?
                    • How many of you actually read all the Ts & Cs in their contracts/agreements/memberships, especially the bits that exempt them from any and all liabilities?
                    • How is their accountant in China or India going to represent you in French or Dutch, when the local inspector wants to come and do an inspection of your accounts? Will they come over and explain your accounts and defend any penalties? I think not

Comment

Originally posted by nodric View Post
                      when the local inspector wants to come and do an inspection of your accounts? Will they come over and explain your accounts and defend any penalties? I think not
                      I am totally agree with Nordic.

You should ask AFSS what's the plan if tax investigators are knocking your door and how they prepared to defend you.

They sell truck loads of bulltulip about the bright side and never talk about the dark side e.g. what happens if you get caught.
                      • Ask if they work with a criminal tax attorney in the country they claim to offer solution. You'll be surprised to see they do not work with anybody. e.g. in germany, they can't even suggest a lawyer.
                      • Ask them if they have insurance covering intentional business crimes including tax evasion. Check if the insurance covers both attorney expenses and possible penalties.
                      • Ask them if they refund all of their fees charged so far if an investigation start.

Comment

Working...
                      X