• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone using/used Access Financial Services?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone using/used Access Financial Services?

Hi Campers

My agent is recommending Access ww w.accessfinancial.ch for all my invoicing and payroll needs whilst contracting in Belgium

Has anyone got something to share about them?

Thanks in advance

who's your agent ?

Comment

Yes.
      I would have preferred the usual Ltd., but c'est interdit a Belgique.
      AFSS are expensive, their solution to the t*x problem, IMO, is "interesting". D
      On the plus side, they're speedy and helpful and all agencies in this space charge a lot. So for Belgium I would say they're OK.
      Belgium is nice.
      Bored.

Comment

AccessFinacial

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
        Yes.
        On the plus side, they're speedy and helpful and all agencies in this space charge a lot. So for Belgium I would say they're OK.
        Belgium is nice.
        just curious are you using AccessFinancial - I'm about to take on work in Brussels and they where recommended to me !

Comment

Hi ace00

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
          Yes.
          Belgium is nice.
          but in june 2008 you said:

"I may have inadvertently indicated in an earlier post that AFSS are a decent management company to work with. I would like to withdraw any comment indicating that they are anything else but a bunch of money-grabbing parasites who don't know, and don't even care about how to do their job"

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...highlight=AFSS

why the change of heart ?

man-in-blue: although i have read this forum for a while but have taken the time to join to advise you in the strongest terms to stay well away from this organisation.

If you insist on going down this road then run the whole scheme past an independent belgium accountant and tax lawyer and the answers will become clear.

Better still: walk away now and consider yourself lucky.

Good luck either way

Comment

URGENT!!!! Do NOT use AFSS

AFSS were completely hopeless, and I totally agree with everything you have all said- they passed the buck and made lame excuses at every turn.

The final straw is this week when they changed accountants on us, without even notifying us, and then physically stole all our files the from accountant!!!

They claim its because the accountant was not compliant and not advising clients properly, but they were good, and knew what they were doing- thats the problem, they were too good, and were too expensive for AFSS, so they dropped them this month because they wouldn't lower their rates!!!

This whole situation stinks that AFSS are under investigation, and are about to pull a "Connexions" and sell out their clients to save their own skin.

If you are using AFSS, find another accountant NOW, and get your records off the current one, and make sure you insist, since its *YOUR* property, not theirs, and get the hell away from them before they drop you into an investigation.

Comment

AFSS has been crap so far

I'm been using AFSS for 2 months and so far it's been a mistake. Excuses, a general shambles and all very dodgy. I've had the whole accountant changing story too but it's a bit hard to know what to believe from these guys.

Anyone else got any info on these people and what they are up too?

Comment

AFFS Confirmed

Originally posted by Th3 0m3n View Post
                AFSS were completely hopeless, and I totally agree with everything you have all said- they passed the buck and made lame excuses at every turn.

The final straw is this week when they changed accountants on us, without even notifying us, and then physically stole all our files the from accountant!!!

They claim its because the accountant was not compliant and not advising clients properly, but they were good, and knew what they were doing- thats the problem, they were too good, and were too expensive for AFSS, so they dropped them this month because they wouldn't lower their rates!!!

This whole situation stinks that AFSS are under investigation, and are about to pull a "Connexions" and sell out their clients to save their own skin.

If you are using AFSS, find another accountant NOW, and get your records off the current one, and make sure you insist, since its *YOUR* property, not theirs, and get the hell away from them before they drop you into an investigation.

Hi all,

I can confirm that AFSS had recently changed their accountants, but did not realized by the fact they can be under investigation.

I am about to pay my initial taxes in October now and really don't know if I shall change the accountant to one of my preference. If they are really under investigation and can dump out the contractor's name, would it really matter ?

Just to let you know, they called me yesterday to say that the payment shall be increased in 3K, that's off course leads to a reduction in the net retention.

Let me know your thoughts.

Comment

ASFF have been recommended to me too. Are there any alternative companies offering the same sort of solutions?

Cheers.

Comment

Which country are you talking about?

I know that afss and other MCs are having big time problems in Germany.

Last year one of their accountants (Mr.H to be more precise) were raided and all client file were confiscated. Since then some of afss clients are having issues. But this is not something specific to afss, all other MCs were also same boat with the same accountant.

afss used to be one of the best in my opinion. At least they are very responsive if you compare with other MCs.

However, if the climate changes in a particular country, they might sell off their clients. I hope afss is prepared legally for possible outcomes e.g. investigations/litigation.

Most likely Belgium is quite and nice at the moment, I would say, it's OK to work with them in there.

But not for Germany, think twice, read the forums first and try to avoid MC solution if you are planning to stay there more than 183 days.
                    Last edited by SalsaFever; 5 November 2009, 17:00.

Comment

Working...
                    X