• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas Presents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Presents

Hi All

I want to get a couple of the key people at my current gig a Christmas present each. Decent bottle of whisky each as thank you from my company to them for this years work they have put my way. Getting the owner, a director and IT manager a bottle each.

Will I be ok putting this through the books you reckon ? Or is it a no no..... How does this look from a IR35 point of view...

Send me a bottle of Whisky and I will tell you.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Send me a bottle of Whisky and I will tell you.....

You got some work for me

Comment

Originally posted by oafc0000 View Post

You got some work for me
        The baby's nappy needs changing.Your contract will be outside IR35

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          The baby's nappy needs changing.Your contract will be outside IR35
          What rate you offering....

Comment

Hi All

I want to get a couple of the key people at my current gig a Christmas present each. Decent bottle of whisky each as thank you from my company to them for this years work they have put my way. Getting the owner, a director and IT manager a bottle each.

Will I be ok putting this through the books you reckon ? Or is it a no no..... How does this look from a IR35 point of view...
            Blatant arse licking...

Drink it yourself

Comment

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
              Blatant arse licking...

Drink it yourself

Too bloody right its arse licking...and they love it

So can I put it through the books ?

Comment

Too bloody right its arse licking...and they love it

So can I put it through the books ?
                my accountant has told me no......it seen as a personal gift.
                yes its arse licking but good way to "secure" work in 2009.....i mean i know staff members who get promoted just for doing

Comment

I always pay Christmas gifts like this out of the company account. The way I see it it's an expense incurred as part of the business getting repeat work. If I didn't have the company I wouldn't have to butter up the client.

Comment

IIRC you can buy the gifts with company money but they will not be counted against Corp Tax.

Comment

Working...
                    X