• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good bank to switch company account to ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good bank to switch company account to ?

Hi,

My company uptil now has used Cater Allen for the company bank account but recently like other banks the interest rates have fallen to such a low level that I am considering switch accounts if I can find another bank who is more competitive. I don't really mind paying a little for the account (cater is free) if the interest rate is good.

I've had a look around on the web today and not really found much has anyone else found accounts worth looking into ?

Thanks

Steve
    When a man says his word is as good as his bond take his bond.

You might be a long time looking. I got a letter today saying the rate on my co account is now 0.08%.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by swebb View Post
      Hi,

My company uptil now has used Cater Allen for the company bank account but recently like other banks the interest rates have fallen to such a low level that I am considering switch accounts if I can find another bank who is more competitive. I don't really mind paying a little for the account (cater is free) if the interest rate is good.

I've had a look around on the web today and not really found much has anyone else found accounts worth looking into ?

Thanks

Steve

check out standard life bank

3.7% intro rate last time I looked

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
        You might be a long time looking. I got a letter today saying the rate on my co account is now 0.08%.
        Oh Please....maybe a long time if he uses your bank! maybe not others

Comment

Originally posted by max View Post
          check out standard life bank

3.7% intro rate last time I looked
          Thanks for the info - its 3.4% on the fixed rate bond.... much better than the 0.5% I'm getting from Cater Allen!

Comment

The low interest rate is there for a reason Remember Ice Save and Kaupthing Edge?

Having said that, I do agree that Cater Allen now is a bit less competitive that others, but you still can get 3 months term deposit at 1.97%

Comment

Originally posted by swebb View Post
              Hi,

Hmm, I'm not sure I get your logic. When base rates were not on 'Gordon Brown has bust the economy' levels, you could have earned an extra 2% or so by switching accounts. Now that they are near-zero, there's much less extra money to be made.

It's less worthwhile switching accounts than it was before.

Comment

Originally posted by dude69 View Post
                Hmm, I'm not sure I get your logic. When base rates were not on 'Gordon Brown has bust the economy' levels, you could have earned an extra 2% or so by switching accounts. Now that they are near-zero, there's much less extra money to be made.

It's less worthwhile switching accounts than it was before.
                As Tesco say. "Every little helps"

Comment

A fellow contractor has been told by his accountant that he can do a little bit of paper work and transfer a whole chunk of cash from ltd -> pers account. The paper work just needs to say "Holding money for myco..."

Anyone else done this ?

Comment

Originally posted by xpscapable View Post
                    The low interest rate is there for a reason Remember Ice Save and Kaupthing Edge?
                    Well, as long as you don't put more than 50k into an account, small businesses are covered by the FSCS scheme.

Comment

Working...
                    X