"Recruitment Fee" as Business Expense "Recruitment Fee" as Business Expense
Posts 1 to 8 of 8

Nervous Newbie

Question "Recruitment Fee" as Business Expense

I've landed an excellent contract through a good friend of mine (permy) who goes back years. It gets me off the bench and it is very close to my home.
    I agreed to give him small % of rate (rather him than some pimp) as he managed to negotiate me a very decent rate.

Does anyone know can I run this through my company as a genuine business expense?
    It would be like a recruitment/agency fee of sorts.
    Any ideas guys?

Should post faster

Quote Originally Posted by CMS_Netter View Post
    I've landed an excellent contract through a good friend of mine (permy) who goes back years. It gets me off the bench and it is very close to my home.
    I agreed to give him small % of rate (rather him than some pimp) as he managed to negotiate me a very decent rate.

Does anyone know can I run this through my company as a genuine business expense?
    Any ideas guys?
    Why not put it through as sales commission? Totally legit. Just ask your mate to raise you an invoice.

Putting it through as a recruitment fee for finding you work can lead to all sorts of nightmares...

Nervous Newbie

Mate is a permy and has no ltd company so raising an invoice isnt really an option is it?

What kind of knightmares do you mean for recruitment fee?

Thanks for your help!

Prehistoric

Yes. It's not a recruitment fee because nobody's being recruited. Nobody's changing their job. You've made a sale, that's all. As above.

Banned

Anybody can raise an invoice - they put it through on their self assessment form.

Contractor Among Contractors

Quote Originally Posted by CMS_Netter View Post

Any ideas guys?
    Sounds like you have landed a good 'un.

Of course your mate will have to pay tax on the income you are sending his way, but you should be able to claim all of your costs back as legitimate business expenses.

PZZ

Still gathering requirements...

I think people need to understand that in this instance: An Expense to one party will be Income to another party.

Therefore, both parties will need to report this in their tax returns should they be required to do so.
    Last edited by djhns; 26th June 2009 at 09:44.

My post count is Majestic

If your mate is working for the company you will be working for then make sure its above board only MP's can afford to take graft.

As above sales commision sounds OK.