• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractors' Question: Is my substitution clause IR35-friendly?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractors' Question: Is my substitution clause IR35-friendly?

Following on from Kate Cottrell's news item dated 2nd Dec 2009, is there anybody that has found a client that will accept a substitution clause that indicates that any substitution is at the sole discretion of the contractor ?

If I was a client and had a contract with a contractor where I was expecting a professional to do the work, I would not be happy to find an apprentice turning up instead. Therefore as a client I would not agree to a contract that would allow this.

In many institutions there are a lot of background checks that need to be done to ensure that individuals do not pose a risk to the business. How can this easily work with the contractor substituting somebody without the mutual consent of the client ?

I think that mutual consent substitution clauses must be the norm in industry.

Working...
X