• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nixon W or SJD or other accountant??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nixon W or SJD or other accountant??

After years of service with Brookson, i am now deciding to move on from them and seek a new accountant for my LTD Co.

I read that Nixon w and SJD are mentioned a lot on this forum. Other option was to seek an accountant local to me (north of England).

Any recommendations, advice welcome....does it matter if company account is local or not?

Darren at Upton is yer man...
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Hello

We're based in Wakefield, whereabouts up north are you?

Comment

Brookson

Hi Diesel,

I would like the opportunity to see whether we can resolve any issues you have been facing and retain your business, if you would like to contact me andrew.sloan(at)brookson.co.uk to discuss further.

Regards

Andrew Sloan

Comment

I find NW to be very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis View Post
            I find NW to be very good.
            ditto. TBH I don't think you can go wrong with any of the usual suspects mentioned above.

Comment

Originally posted by diesel View Post
              After years of service with Brookson, i am now deciding to move on from them and seek a new accountant for my LTD Co.

I read that Nixon w and SJD are mentioned a lot on this forum. Other option was to seek an accountant local to me (north of England).

Any recommendations, advice welcome....does it matter if company account is local or not?
              Find yourself a local accountant is my recommendation.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
                Find yourself a local accountant is my recommendation.
                what is the advantage of having local accountant? As currently all my communication is done via email/phone.

I like NW as its only £75+VAT.
                SJD seem a bit pricey at £95+VAT although they have a local office to me and offer free phone supprt for IR35 contract review, But NW have a deal with Quodos consultants for just £40.....

again anyone having personal feedback with any of these firms welcome..

Comment

I have used Nixon Williams for nearly 3 years now and can totally recommend them, a great, knowledgable team - I work with some who had used others and I have converted a few so far!

Compare what you get, Nixon's do everything you will need for a lower cost.
                  "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by diesel View Post
                    what is the advantage of having local accountant? As currently all my communication is done via email/phone.

I like NW as its only £75+VAT.
                    SJD seem a bit pricey at £95+VAT although they have a local office to me and offer free phone supprt for IR35 contract review, But NW have a deal with Quodos consultants for just £40.....

again anyone having personal feedback with any of these firms welcome..
                    Anything such as a form filled in, reference for rent/mortgage, headed letter confirming annual income and an SJD bill will be dropping through your letterbox. And I thought their attitude was arrogant.

That's just my experience, but I appreciate others have been happy with the level of service they have enjoyed from them.
                    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                    X