• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agent's control

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agent's control

I started my first contract very recently through an agency. The agency is a consulting firm which not only hires independent contractors but also has its own contractors (i.e., permanent employees). Here, the contract is
    between myself (my own limited company) and the agency.
    This particular project is managed by one of the permanent employees of the agency. I doubt that a couple of the clauses in my contract point towards the control of the agency, though I am not their permanent employee. I have submitted my contract for a review but I want your opinions as well. This is a great site and reading some posts here helped me a lot.

For example, if I were to take leave, I have to give notice to the agency to let them know. Well since the project I am working on has deadlines and budget, I guess the intention for this clause is to make sure that the work doesn't get affected due to sudden absence. It only states that I have to notify them, but doesn't say that I need to take their approval or permission.

The project manager appointed by the agency approves timesheets, and asks for updates on the project etc.. The progress is therefore updated to that manager. Could someone tell me the difference between managing an individual vs managing a project?

Also how does this stand from an IR35 point of view?

Working...
X