• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Self Assessment and Dividends

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self Assessment and Dividends

Hi all, hope somebody can help me here.

I am doing my Self Assessment Tax Return and am not sure if I have answered one of the questions correctly.

In the section 'Dividends from UK companies (Property Income Dividends should be entered in 'Other taxable income'). Do not include the tax credit:', I have entered the dividends (excluding tax credit) that my LTD co has paid me.

I have also entered the same figure + tax credit + my salary in the section 'If you provided your services through a service company (a company which provides your personal services to third parties), enter the total of the dividends (including the tax credit) and salary (before tax was taken off) you withdrew from the company in the tax year:'

Is this correct? I have left a message for my accountant, but I would like this to be sent off today.

Many Thanks
    Last edited by rsingh; 28 January 2010, 16:50. Reason: I am a numpty...

That's what I've done in my last two SA submissions. The most recent one was reviewed by my accountants and they said it was fine.

Comment

Thanks very much

Comment

Originally posted by rsingh View Post
        Hi all, hope somebody can help me here.

I am doing my Self Assessment Tax Return and am not sure if I have answered one of the questions correctly.

In the section 'Dividends from UK companies (Property Income Dividends should be entered in 'Other taxable income'). Do not include the tax credit:', I have entered the dividends (excluding tax credit) that my LTD co has paid me.

I have also entered the same figure + tax credit + my salary in the section 'If you provided your services through a service company (a company which provides your personal services to third parties), enter the total of the dividends (including the tax credit) and salary (before tax was taken off) you withdrew from the company in the tax year:'

Is this correct? I have left a message for my accountant, but I would like this to be sent off today.

Many Thanks
        Yes - you have it right.

Comment

Working...
        X