• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I.Am.Going.To.SCREAM.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    I'm guessing it has been lost due to HMRC still using envelopes with the wrong postcode printed on them.
    The correct address and the one I have been using by amending the envelope they send out with the return is:

VAT Controller
    VAT Central Unit
    BD98 1YY

Posted mine yesterday and hope it arrives safely.

(Ironic, as have just been on the phone to HMRC regarding a penalty notice they have sent me about a Ltd I setup a few years ago but which never traded. Despite advising all the relevant departments within HMRC of this at the time and being assured all relevant systems have been updated, I received a nice penalty notice at the weekend. Called to discuss and resolve but got the standard "put it in writing" response. Still waiting on written confirmation from these muppets regarding a letter I sent them in December regarding NI payments from several years ago so, I feel your pain!)
    Thanks for the advice re: the postcode. I will be de-registering the company for VAT shortly so will probably continue to do them via the post until then.

I am having much fun with them around PAYE, address changes and general bum f&ck$ry, too. Beaurocrats working in silo, always a good approach.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I feel your pain, HMRC kindly lost my documents and then fined me £200 for not sending them.

Having spoken to a mate who unfortunately works for them, he says, it's all too common as some of the forms are dealt with in different departments so when they separate them who knows...........

Doesn't help when they have only one line you can get through to either.

Don't ya just love hector!
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        I feel your pain, HMRC kindly lost my documents and then fined me £200 for not sending them.

Having spoken to a mate who unfortunately works for them, he says, it's all too common as some of the forms are dealt with in different departments so when they separate them who knows...........

Doesn't help when they have only one line you can get through to either.

Don't ya just love hector!
        It's unbelievable really. We, as 'businesses' are meant to keep our documents etc up to date. They, on the other hand, couldn't centralise a turd.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
          It's unbelievable really. We, as 'businesses' are meant to keep our documents etc up to date. They, on the other hand, couldn't centralise a turd.
          I keep telling my mate he owes me £200!
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
            It's unbelievable really. d.
            No it's not.

HMRC asked me about 4 times for a form I already sent them. I told them to f*** off as everything was ok. I now do everything I can with them online.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post

I think everyone will have to file it online soon.
              Everyone with a turnover over £100,000 and all new registration (1st April, onwards regardless of turnover) will have no choice but to file on-line from 1st April 2010.

If you are not registered, it will take about a week before you receive your activation code to use the system. If your accountants usually files (paper) for you, allow a further ten days to receive an authorisation code for your accountant to be able to file on-line for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Whippy View Post
                No, I do mine online.
                WHS - file online, pay online.

Just doing my bit for the Royal Mail.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                X