• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Owed money from agency but timesheet not authorised.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Owed money from agency but timesheet not authorised.

Had this personal issue and had to terminate a contract asap. Told the agency to inform the client and also returned the laptop. 4 days passed i resolved personal issue and I told then the agency i will come back to the client and i also emailed the client. The client did not respond to anything and the agency tried. The issue is I have a month timesheet which the client wont authorise now and i have raised an invoice for that timesheet. I am owed money but agency cant do anything until the client signs the timesheet. My invoice is made by the agency and not the client. Should i paid ? i have informed my soliciter and he said we will issue a debt recovery with the agency
    Main issue i want to be paid but the client wont authorise the month i have been there. No valid reason no nothing.

If you've not got a signed time sheet then you have no evidence that you did the tasks contracted for. Check your contract, but I'd be willing to bet that there's something in there requiring a signed timesheet for any payment to be made.

I'd give you 50/50 at best in court if it came to that.

I'm sorry to be harsh, but if I was the client I'd have to be legally forced to pay you if you left without notice so would have to be replaced costing me time and money.

Comment

Originally posted by IT_BOY View Post
      Had this personal issue and had to terminate a contract asap. Told the agency to inform the client and also returned the laptop. 4 days passed i resolved personal issue and I told then the agency i will come back to the client and i also emailed the client. The client did not respond to anything and the agency tried. The issue is I have a month timesheet which the client wont authorise now and i have raised an invoice for that timesheet. I am owed money but agency cant do anything until the client signs the timesheet. My invoice is made by the agency and not the client. Should i paid ? i have informed my soliciter and he said we will issue a debt recovery with the agency
      Main issue i want to be paid but the client wont authorise the month i have been there. No valid reason no nothing.
      Oh FFS. Some people really do reap what they sow, dont they?
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

No signed time sheet = no money.

Your contract will probably state that you require the client co to sign your t/s (indicating that your conduct, attendance etc is acceptable) before the agency is obliged to pay you.

If you left the client in the lurch with work unfinished, no replacement etc, then think yourself lucky they are not taking you to court to recover their loss.

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
          No signed time sheet = no money.

Your contract will probably state that you require the client co to sign your t/s (indicating that your conduct, attendance etc is acceptable) before the agency is obliged to pay you.

PZZ
          I signed a new contract last week and it said exactly that so unless your with some very sloppy agent the chances are your contract is going to say the same thing

If it is in your contract taking it to court could cost you more than the invoice amount if you lose.

Did your solicitor check your contract before he advised issuing a debt recovery, if not i would get it looked at before going any further ?

Comment

There's a bit in the 2003 agency regulations that might cover you against that.

Comment

Actually thinking about this does this come under the opted in opted out rule
              maybe someone can advise

Comment

Last resort maybe to provide evidence that you were in the office on those paticular dates and then inform the client that you will take legal action if not signed for, can't think of anything else. The tough bit is the conclusive evidence.

smalls claim court ?

Comment

Opt out status doesn't matter. If he hasn't got a timesheet signed by the client, nobody's going to pay him anything. End of...
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I thought that the regs stated that payment cannot be withheld on the grounds that the contractor has not produced a signed timesheet?

If you are opted in, this would apply. However, is it worth taking the legal route probably necessary to enforce the above?

We don't know why OP had to cut short on the contract, so I won't comment on that.
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                    X