• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
    have a good easter folks....
    You too.

By the way, when the Judges said we should get a decision before Xmas, they didn't specify which Xmas of course.

Perhaps they meant Xmas 2012.

Comment

Testing

Just testing this is still alive given that no one has posted since 22/4

Comment

well im still here

Comment

Me too.

This is a bit like watching paint dry though.

Comment

Watching, waiting, patiently hoping...but still here, not going away, and ready to fight our corner to the end.
            Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
            "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

Gauke knows we are still around

My MP Sarah Teather (Lib Dem) got back to me this week.
              After getting what I presume is the normal response that Gauke is throwing out there these days.
              Am guessing the Govt angle will be dead until the courts are finished with us, and there is not much point in replying.

He says in summary: He can't agree to the repeal of the act. In general opposed to retrospective legislation, and voted against it in Opposition. Currently best dealt with in the courts.

Lets hope that the courts realize that the current govt were not for this legislation and squash it as it deserves by the corrupt butards that introduced it in the first place.

Comment

By the way, it was exactly 6 months yesterday since the court hearing.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                  ...and with it another hefty load of intere$t accumulated.

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post
                    ...and with it another hefty load of intere$t accumulated.
                    Still, I'm sure it will go some way to paying for the napkins at the Royal Wedding.
                    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                      It's hard to believe that this is dragging on for so long. I just had another surge of anger. This whole process has been dragged out for years. How can it ever be right that our lives can be held to ransom for so long? By what right can ANY government make law abiding citizens into law-breakers and threaten to seize their assets in this way, stripping them off their homes and property? None of us are leading normal lives. We cannot make decisions on our futures, we cannot lead our lives freely, we cannot make the choices we would wish. No matter what happens, I will NEVER be convinced that this action was justified. The effects on families and relationships is cruel and unjust. We must fight, because we have no choice, and we must see it out because it is wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X