• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice on contact renewal but no PO

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on contact renewal but no PO

Hello, I expect a number of contractors are facing a similar situation to mine. I have verbal confirmation and an email saying that my contract will be renewed from 1st April for 3 months but the PO has not been approved. I have been asked to stay at home until the PO is approved with no pay. I expect its a question of going through the contract and even if it was in my favour, it would still be difficult to be paid under these circumstances. Do I have to put up with it or is there an agency that could help. Any advice? Thanks, James

Originally posted by Jamez View Post
    Hello, I expect a number of contractors are facing a similar situation to mine. I have verbal confirmation and an email saying that my contract will be renewed from 1st April for 3 months but the PO has not been approved. I have been asked to stay at home until the PO is approved with no pay. I expect its a question of going through the contract and even if it was in my favour, it would still be difficult to be paid under these circumstances. Do I have to put up with it or is there an agency that could help. Any advice? Thanks, James
    I don't understand.

I expect its a question of going through the contract What's a question of "going through the contract"? What do you mean, going through it?

and even if it was in my favour, it would still be difficult to be paid under these circumstances. Even if what was in your favour?

Do I have to put up with it or is there an agency that could help. Help with what? In what way?

Comment

Either you have an agreed contract that extends your time there, or you don't. Sounds like the latter.

Do not work without a contract, regardless of what promises you have been made. If you do, you run the (high) risk of not getting paid anything, and possibly breaching your insurance.

Clear your desk, take your stuff with you - leave nothing behind. You may never be back. Start looking for a new role.

Do not believe anything the client or agent tells you about the prospect of a new contract, until you are back on site. If another contract comes in in the meantime, take it and let the client know that you are no longer on the market.
      If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamez View Post
        Look for another contract. Or probably better still, get a permie job, because that's what you need.

No one can tell you to stay at home like a good little boy, because they don't employ you and as of tomorrow you are not in contract or under obligation.

As for being paid, no contractor gets paid for not doing any work.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
          As for being paid, no contractor gets paid for not doing any work.
          Now now, let's not exaggerate
          Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
            Now now, let's not exaggerate
            If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Working...
              X