• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC PAYE online?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC PAYE online?

Hi All

Anyone using HMRC PAYE online? I'm thinking to switch to do it myself.. and wonder if it has everything I need to just do it in the web browser.

My ltd co uses the an accountant to do our PAYE now. I email the Gross amounts each month.. accountant emails back the payslips. End of year he emails P60s and also P11d using my table of allowable biz expenses paid to employees.

So.. I'm thinking to switch, if HMRC PAYE online can accept gross amounts, and generate the payslips and the amount to transfer to HMRC.

Any tips appreciated. Cheers, richy

The HMRC online will not calculate your PAYE and NI for you. However, HMRC do provide a CD for free which you can use to calculate it. You should have got it when you registered for PAYE.
    Loopy Loo

Comment

The HMRC Employer CD is a slick bit of software, sounds hard to believe but it does work really well.

ZED.

Comment

PAYE software

Originally posted by zedAccounts View Post
        The HMRC Employer CD is a slick bit of software, sounds hard to believe but it does work really well.

ZED.
        Sorry for the late reply but while I agree the HMRC cd works ok, Payroo is even better as there's no software to install and its much much more intuitive. Its free for small companies (under 9 employees I think). The year end on Payroo was brilliantly easy.

I do worry that payroo could go bust and my data could disappear so to be on the safe side I keep copies of all the forms using their export to pdf.

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
          Sorry for the late reply but while I agree the HMRC cd works ok, Payroo is even better as there's no software to install and its much much more intuitive. Its free for small companies (under 9 employees I think). The year end on Payroo was brilliantly easy.

+1 . Another vote for Payroo here.

Comment

Working...
          X