• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clearsky accounting (formerly Quay) - price hike

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit peeved about this of course....

Last piece of work Clearsky really did for me was Ltd return in February. I do VAT and payroll myself.
    I'm thinking cancel with them and look around for an accountant at the end of year(ish)....are there any major corporate or personal landmarks between now and then?

Can't see a reason to sign up to another pay monthly service until closer to when they'd be needed.

Quay are being cheeky with that kind of rise and also pushing folks straight onto their premium service.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy1915 View Post
      Just spoke to Derek Kelly MD clearsky, no help at all. Will move my business asa I find another suitable accountant.
      What did he say?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by monkeychops View Post
        Hello

Clearsky Accounting have written to me informing me that their prices are going up from £66 (ex VAT) to £120 (ex VAT) per month from 1st June. Obviously this is taking the p1ss a bit too much, so can anyone recommend an alternative to Clearsky?

Thanks in advance :-)
        Ouch, that is a steep increase, I have used Nixon Williams for 3 years now and can fully recommned them, they charge £75 per month.
        "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
          Ouch, that is a steep increase, I have used Nixon Williams for 3 years now and can fully recommned them, they charge £75 per month.
          Thats the 2nd recommendation for Nixon Williams so far. £75/month is starting to look quite attractive .

Comment

Not sure what criteria they are using to switch people on to one of their two deals.

I have been told I am to go on to their £95 deal. So for me, a £10-er per year increase in effect...

Will have a think.

Comment

plenty out there

There seems to be plenty of options/competition out there, inniaccounts, intouchaccounting, nixons, accountsnet, to name but a few - and to be honest I think all of them do the same thing - bean counting.

To hike it the amount they did, in these uncertain times with talks of job and rate cuts - well I assume they're not stupid and it's an attempt by them to clear out what they deem to be not so "profitable" customers. What else can a company be thinking with a 80%+ increase?

Anyway, I'll be voting with my feet. Whilst I'm on here, can anybody recommend their accountant and perhaps arrange some "recommendation" fee in return? Yes, I know Clearsky do a "recommendation" fee, so don't go down there

p.s. Has anybody noticed whilst posting on this thread there's just a couple of annoying adverts grabbing your attention ?

Comment

Originally posted by ojock View Post
                can anybody recommend their accountant and perhaps arrange some "recommendation" fee in return?
                Interesting point, can we work something out? e.g if I went to NW and they pay you £100 to recommend me, and you cut me in...
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

New Accounting service found

You could check out InTouch Accounting where I found my old ClearSky Account Handler. All inc service £75 a month and two free. Works for me. KS
                  Originally posted by Lewis View Post
                  I can recommend Nixon Williams.

Comment

Grants CA

Hi,
                    I went with Quay when I started up in 2005, paying £66 and actually ended up moving as I wasn't very impressed with the service. I've been with Grants CA for over 3 years now and am delighted with the service I get, very reliable and friendly. I pay around £90 (inc VAT) per month

Grants CA

Cheers,

Mike
                    Last edited by administrator; 19 May 2010, 15:51. Reason: Link removed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy1915 View Post
                      Have been quite encouraged by the competition out there. Already found other companies ie Nixon Williams or K&B Accounting who offer the full package for £75 plus vat.
                      I just got the same letter so shopping around as I'm extremely disgusted by the price increase!

Had a look at both names you mentioned and think I will sign up with K&B as they seem transparent and it's £75 a month. They are giving £100 for referrals too so if anyone signs up then mention my name!

Comment

Working...
                      X