• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract agreement help needed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract agreement help needed

My Husband is an IT contracter and has always got his contracts through agencies. However, he is about to do some work for a company without the middle man and as it is the first time he is doing this he needs to know where to go to get help on drawing up a contract agreement between his company (just himself) and the company he will be working for.
    Can anyone help me on this as I have been put in charge of finding this one out!
    Thanks!

Originally posted by emjharts View Post
    he needs to know where to go to get help on drawing up a contract agreement between his company (just himself) and the company he will be working for.
    Most people who need help with legal documents would go to a solicitor...

If you're a member of the PCG you can download sample contract documents, or you could buy a ready-made contract from one of the various online legal document suppliers. You may still benefit from getting a solicitor to look over whatever you use.

Comment

Originally posted by emjharts View Post
      I have been put in charge of finding this one out!.
      Welcome!

I hope you are getting "paid" for the work you are doing then.

As lxt04 suggests, a quickie answer is to join the PCG as they have ready-made, IR35 friendly business to business contracts that you can download. You could speak to a solicitor but I think it's probably a bit of a waste of time unless the working relationship is complex, the money is better spent on PCG membership.

You have to watch when going direct that your company gets paid on time. Generally an agency will pay the contractor and chase the client company for payment. Be prepared for a few hiccups and make sure you have a bit of cash aside to cover if they don't pay up straight away.

Good luck!
      Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Working...
      X