• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Certification of Incorporation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Certification of Incorporation

I am about to open a private limited company. My question is do I need a hard copy of the certificate of incorporation for opening a business bank account? or Can i print the electronic version and sign it?

I also need a recommendation for the business bank account.

Originally posted by vikasgupta View Post
    I am about to open a private limited company. My question is do I need a hard copy of the certificate of incorporation for opening a business bank account? or Can i print the electronic version and sign it?

I also need a recommendation for the business bank account.
    Why don't you ask the bank that question?
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
      Why don't you ask the bank that question?
      Uh, probably because he hasn't tried to open the bank account yet and is also asking for a recommendation?

I think it's much of a muchness which bank you use. I've used Barclays and they were OK. I guess you are looking for a bank with decent online banking, a Visa debit or credit card (check out if you get one straight off or you have to wait X months before you qualify) and no bank charges. You will be lucky to find a bank that pays any sort of interest on your companies money at the moment.

Check out Cater Allen or Abbey/Santander, they seem to get mentioned a bit around here.

I don't think you will need your original certificate - they can just look you up in Companies house...
      Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by vikasgupta View Post
        I am about to open a private limited company
        It appears easy enough, to start a company but there are a load of traps for first timers.

As I said to someone yesterday, you should seriously consider kickstarting things by joining the PCG. These guys will sort you out with a company, bank account, accountancy and insurance package and a whole load of good advice to get you up and running.
        Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
          Uh, probably because he hasn't tried to open the bank account yet and is also asking for a recommendation?

I think it's much of a muchness which bank you use. I've used Barclays and they were OK. I guess you are looking for a bank with decent online banking, a Visa debit or credit card (check out if you get one straight off or you have to wait X months before you qualify) and no bank charges. You will be lucky to find a bank that pays any sort of interest on your companies money at the moment.

Check out Cater Allen or Abbey/Santander, they seem to get mentioned a bit around here.

I don't think you will need your original certificate - they can just look you up in Companies house...
          Surely each bank may have different methods of accepting documents... Shirely.
          If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

I'm with HSBC who have been good but my banking with them has been straightforward.

Everything was up and running very quickly and, IIRC, they looked up my Ltd's details on line/via some system.

Comment

Bank Accounts

Most tend to be ok, especially Cater Allen when going through an introducer. As Clippy says, they check online.....they will do a search at Companies House to check the directors/shareholders. Sometimes they'll require a quick reference from your accountant or formation company if the shareholder info isn't shown on record.

Comment

Yep you don't need the certificate with Cater Allen as they just check your details against Co House. Free banking (very popular at the moment) with Cater Allen is available through CUK Free business bank account :: Contractor UK

As someone else has pointed out the card isn't available until you've been incorporated 6 months, plus you will then need the average balance of £5k in your account. Without the card you just need to remain in credit to be 'charge free'. We get lots of good feedback about their customer service.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
                  Avoid Abbey/ Santander like the plague. They are constantly underfire in the media for their terrible service.

Santander 'worst bank for customer service' - MoneySavingExpert News

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                    Avoid Abbey/ Santander like the plague. They are constantly underfire in the media for their terrible service.

Santander 'worst bank for customer service' - MoneySavingExpert News
                    Cater Allen are also Santander. I'm with Santander (was Abbey) and they've been fine, expect for one hiccup which was sorted with a phonecall.

Comment

Working...
                    X