• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting out of Recruitment Consultant Contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Added to the fact the client takes people direct. So you could also ensure no agency gets a look in by spreading the word around yourself to the other contractors on site.
    Who's the client - might give 'em a call.

I'm one of the rare one's, got my contract direct but the client said they needed to go through one of their preferred suppliers (I got to choose), as I had allready agreed a rate I said that the agency can take what they like on top. I don't care if it's 10% or 50%, I'm happy with the agreed rate I get...

P.S. I also have one of those degrees, nowt to do with computers though, like alot of people on here.

Comment

Originally posted by andyc2000 View Post
      P.S. I also have one of those degrees, nowt to do with computers though, like alot of people on here.
      Could be a good topic in the Light Relief section : How unrelated to your current gig is your degree or higher education?
      Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Svalbaard View Post
        Could be a good topic in the Light Relief section : How unrelated to your current gig is your degree or higher education?
        Very... I did a tree hugging degree. Admittedly I can can see a tree from the office.

Comment

Originally posted by reach4thelasers View Post
          If they want bigbucks go to uni work hard and earn it through skill. not from siphoning off other people's pay.
          Er, no. If you want big bucks you have to go out into the world and earn them. And pimping *is* a skill.

I left uni 5 years ago. But I just started contracting and I'm pretty shocked to realise that I'm contracted to a bloody recruitment consultant who did 5 minutes work to match me with this client, yet gets to basically earn money from my day rate for the next year. I go out and work and he watches the £ rolling in!
          And how much more are you getting now than you did as a permie?
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I think I see what has happened here...

Conversation with agent...

Client : I can handle all the good guys with professional attitudes. Just need you to get some wet behind the ears bod to do the crap stuff. They have their heads stuck so far up their own arses I don't want to deal with them so you can...

Agent : What rate do I advertise.

Client : £400 and what you can rip him off for you can keep as long as I don't have to put up with any of his bedwetting holier than though graduate bulltulip

Agent : Ahh I have just the person... be back to you shortly.. <click>
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X