• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Companies House Striking You Off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Companies House Striking You Off

Someone mentioned this last night -

Apparently if you have a company which is flush with cash the best way to get the money out is to fail to submit an annual return and then wait for companies house to strike the company off the register

This means that you will be able to walk away with the money (and not even pay) 10% entreprenuers scheme

Is that definitely the case?

Originally posted by DeludedAussie View Post

Apparently if you have a company which is flush with cash the best way to get the money out is to fail to submit an annual return and then wait for companies house to strike the company off the register

This means that you will be able to walk away with the money (and not even pay) 10% entreprenuers scheme

The best thing that you can do is to never believe anything that this person tells you about anything ever again.

If you take all the money out of the company before it is dissolved and you flee with it to a country that has no formal links with the UK then you might get away with it I suppose.

EDIT: Here is a link to what happens when Companies House strike a company off. http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/abo.../gp4.shtml#ch2

Note the bit about all company assets becoming the property of the crown.
    Last edited by Gonzo; 19 September 2010, 11:06.

Comment

Apparently......................
      You should always be very cautious when facts are preceded with Apparently.....

Comment

Have tried applying that very underated skill of 'Common Sense' when taking in information?

Judging by this and your other post regarding degbt collection I think you might want to pull your socks up a little bit if you are going to survive. It's a big bad world out there you know.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Before you try it, make sure you have some good friends or relatives who would be willing to visit you in prison.

Oh, and there are plenty of resources here that may be useful.

HTH

Comment

You dont half chat some tulip even if it is posed as a question.
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
              If you take all the money out of the company before it is dissolved and you flee with it to a country that has no formal links with the UK then you might get away with it I suppose.
              Or if you stay in the UK and ignore all mail you receive with the company name on it then you might get away with it too...

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
              EDIT: Here is a link to what happens when Companies House strike a company off. Guidance - strike off, dissolution and restoration (GP4)

Note the bit about all company assets becoming the property of the crown.
              Yes, it would be important to ensure the company had no assets at the time CH struck it off, otherwise the bailiffs might possibly come round for any assets the IR know about. Or they might not bother.

I have a close friend who has worked all his life (>25 years) in the liquidations industry. Once, when MyCo was on the rocks, he made a similar suggestion to that raised by the OP. His advice was that the IR would need to raise a particular piece of paperwork in order to reinstate the company, which they would have to do in order to chase it for any tax owed. He said that the IR essentially never raised said paperwork for the sums like contracting companys were likely to owe and that basically it was safe to allow CH to strike MyCo off the register.

I did not pursue that course of action, and I am not suggesting anyone else does, but I don't think the proposal deserves the derision it has received in this thread.

Boo

Comment

One little snag, all company bank accounts are frozen

Comment

You are such a business man, what with questions about suing your own company for sacking you - I'll bet agents are queuing to do business with you!

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise View Post
                    One little snag, all company bank accounts are frozen
                    <deluded ausie> so you're saying I should take it all out and spend it then before I'm struck off? </deluded aussie>
                    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                    X