• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

i'm in need off some serious advise,

i'm 22 and iv been contracting for a year now without paying any tax or vat. iv bassicaly been spending everything that goes into my business bank account and now company house is going to stike the company off. iv been soo greedy

what can i do to pay back the money or am i going prison?

Originally posted by romeo View Post

i'm 22 and iv been contracting for a year now without paying any tax or vat. iv bassicaly been spending everything that goes into my business bank account and now company house is going to stike the company off. iv been soo greedy

dont make eye contact and dont pick up the soap

Comment

Oh Dear (tm)

You are in the shit:

Apart from the strike off(which will cause all debts to die) have they not asked you for anything?
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

The first thing NOT to do is ignore it and hope it will all go away.

We do get several clients that have left it to the last minute before sorting things out.

Whilst I clearly have a vested interest, this is an example of when you should talk to an accountant, ideally before you even set the company up in the first place.

My advice would be speak to an accountant asap and get this resolved, this can be resolved and help is out there.

I wish you well.

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Apart from the strike off(which will cause all debts to die) have they not asked you for anything?
          Assuming HMRC don't object to teh strike off in order to pursue the company debts. Depending on how negligent the director has been those debts could end up being his personal responsibility.

And of course the personal debt would remain for any money withdrawn from the company as there would still be a personal tax liability plus penalties plus interest.
          ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Poor quality. Accounts not due after a year. Co House wouldn't have a clue after a year that you'd ****ed up.

You are a sockie/troll/wind up merchant and I clam my 5 sockie points.

When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
              Poor quality. Accounts not due after a year. Co House wouldn't have a clue after a year that you'd ****ed up.

What he said. Crap sockie, crap post...
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

They might be threatening to strike off due to no annual return being filed as that would have been due after a year.
                ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

what do you mean???? for the last year i have been getting paid by the agancy and taking the money. my question is would i have to pay the money back?

Comment

Originally posted by *Clare* View Post
                    They might be threatening to strike off due to no annual return being filed as that would have been due after a year.
                    Well, if he hasn't got fifteen quid for his return, then he would be in trouble. But, they send out fines/reminders for months. They wouldn't threaten to strike off after a year.

No accounts have yet become due, nor has a significant personal return.

If he's vat regd and not paid in a year, they would have been 'round his house'.

This is a troll post.
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                    X