• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which accountant?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which accountant?

I am about to go into contracting for the first time, and have a contract to start in a couple of weeks. I have sorted out the Limited company set up and need to appoint an accountant - any recommendations/advice/ones to avoid?

Try Clare

I use InTouch - Clare is always on here offering advice so should be pretty easy to get hold of.

Reasonable rates and very helpful, with an intuitive web-based application for submitting monthly accounts.

Damn - I should be in sales.

<link removed - use Google if you want to look them up )>
    Last edited by administrator; 3 November 2010, 12:29. Reason: Remove link
    And on the eighth day God said, "Okay, Murphy, you're in charge!"

Comment

in fact

you probably are.....

Comment

I thought linky linky's

were banned?

Comment

I use SJD as do many others here. They are not the cheapest but are very good, particularly when you're new. Bear in mind that you don't just want someone who will keep your books in order, but someone who can be relied on to give you good advice on taxation etc.

Best of luck.

Comment

Do a search for the word accountant. All the firms will pop up.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Cheers

Cheers for advice. So far I have been recommended;

SJD
              Primus
              InTouch
              Churchill Knight

Its whittled the list down which helps.

Comment

Originally posted by creativejunki View Post
                Cheers for advice. So far I have been recommended;

SJD
                Primus
                InTouch
                Churchill Knight

Its whittled the list down which helps.
                I checked SJD and Primus, former fee is about 95/m, and latter is 60/m. Anyone can tell whether there is real difference of their services? Is it OK I go for the cheaper one?

Comment

I use Nixon Williams and have no problems, they charge £75+VAT per month.

I had a flyer from Primus a few months ago, but noticed that they were not qualified accountants, the £60 offer is probably a teaser to build up their business.
                  "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Professional Contractors Group have a search engine for accountants in your area that are trained in IR35 matters.

Comment

Working...
                    X