• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

unclaimed Input VAT from previous quarters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unclaimed Input VAT from previous quarters

If for some reason we had failed to account for Input VAT on some purchases in a previous quarter, and these came to light now. How should I proceed to record those values in order to reclaim the VAT?

1. Should I add the unclaimed amounts to the current quarter return?

2. submit an updated previous VAT return?

3. some other way, or not at all?

Thanks,
    Tom

Originally posted by tolland123 View Post
    If for some reason we had failed to account for Input VAT on some purchases in a previous quarter, and these came to light now. How should I proceed to record those values in order to reclaim the VAT?

1. Should I add the unclaimed amounts to the current quarter return?

2. submit an updated previous VAT return?

3. some other way, or not at all?

Thanks,
    Tom
    Simply add them to your next return. As long as the error is under £10,000 there's no need to report it to HMRC or adjust any prior return.
    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Working...
    X