• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Free webinar: Effective stress control for contractors : Mon Mar 22 7:15 PM More details here.

Any recommendations? Friendly accountant Leeds area.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Any recommendations? Friendly accountant Leeds area.

    Hi All

    First post so please be kind

    Looking to set up a company, and want to do it right.
    Not in the same league as most of the other members on here. Supplying a niche service to a really small client base... Will be lucky to hit the VAT threshold.

    So looking for a small friendly firm of accountants / accountant to hold my hand for the first few months or year. Advice on sole trader or limited company etc.

    My old boss always said an accountant should save you more from good advice and planning than he costs.

    Any recommendations would be most welcome. Including cost I should expect.

    Thanking you all in anticipation.

    #2
    Originally posted by NC35 View Post
    Hi All

    First post so please be kind

    Looking to set up a company, and want to do it right.
    Not in the same league as most of the other members on here. Supplying a niche service to a really small client base... Will be lucky to hit the VAT threshold.

    So looking for a small friendly firm of accountants / accountant to hold my hand for the first few months or year. Advice on sole trader or limited company etc.

    My old boss always said an accountant should save you more from good advice and planning than he costs.

    Any recommendations would be most welcome. Including cost I should expect.

    Thanking you all in anticipation.
    Normally it will be cheaper to use a specialist (online) contractor accountant than a local firm. I use Intouch accounting who do everyting via their website/phone for £75/month + VAT. They are very friendly and efficient - if you don't mind dealing remotely. You may find a good local firm, but often they either charge more and/or do not understand the relevant legislation e.g. IR35 as well.

    Comment


      #3
      Should have probably added. IR35 unlikely to be an issue.
      Very short contracts for different companies.
      Not full time.

      Would ideally like face to face.

      Can prepare books to ETB

      Thanks for the prompt reply.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by NC35 View Post
        Hi All

        First post so please be kind

        Looking to set up a company, and want to do it right.
        Not in the same league as most of the other members on here. Supplying a niche service to a really small client base... Will be lucky to hit the VAT threshold.

        So looking for a small friendly firm of accountants / accountant to hold my hand for the first few months or year. Advice on sole trader or limited company etc.

        My old boss always said an accountant should save you more from good advice and planning than he costs.

        Any recommendations would be most welcome. Including cost I should expect.

        Thanking you all in anticipation.
        http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/dan-moss/18/18/105

        http://www.sjdaccountancy.com/

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Danielsjdaccountancy View Post
          Yes hello daniel

          Its £150 a month with SJD and £75 with Nixxon

          Thanks but no thanks

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by NC35 View Post
            Should have probably added. IR35 unlikely to be an issue.
            Very short contracts for different companies.
            Not full time.

            Would ideally like face to face.
            Can prepare books to ETB

            Thanks for the prompt reply.
            WHY? unless you have particularly complicated tax arrangments its a waste of an afternoon, Nixon Williams get my vote

            Comment


              #7
              I'm a Nixon Williams customer and I've no cause for complaint. They did the company setup, have offered professional advice and always answered questions quickly. All submissions have been on time and they've reminded me when they need info.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by DeludedAussie View Post
                Yes hello daniel

                Its £150 a month with SJD and £75 with Nixxon

                Thanks but no thanks
                £105+VAT including free face to face meetings in any major city.
                Last edited by Danielsjdaccountancy; 1 February 2011, 10:46.
                http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/dan-moss/18/18/105

                http://www.sjdaccountancy.com/

                Comment


                  #9
                  Any luck?

                  I'm looking to do the same newbie and from Leeds. Have you found one yet?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    BUMP!!! Accountants in Leeds

                    Originally posted by SimonAB View Post
                    I'm looking to do the same newbie and from Leeds. Have you found one yet?
                    Nope not yet. Thought someone on here would come up with a local recommendation.
                    For the moment I am going to do some DIY accounts when I find a bit more time I will call a few accountants.

                    So as a BUMP for this thread....

                    Still looking for a recommendation for an accountant in Leeds...
                    Not looking for monthly accountant.
                    Just someone to help me set up, don't know if to go limited or sole trader.
                    Compile unaudited at the end of the year.
                    Help with Tax affairs etc...

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X