• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Non-Payment from EBT scheme

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meanttobeworking View Post
    I managed to get my money from them before they blew up, but I'm still waiting for a p45. If they never send one, does anyone know what else I can do? I know they are legally bound to do so, but I'm guessing that means nothing to them based on how they work...
    For tax purposes your pay slips and P60 will do.

If you get a new employer then you complete a P46.

Then wait for the tax office to assign you your tax code (which normally takes months) and then wait until you do self-assessment next year for any over paid tax to be paid back.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      For tax purposes your pay slips and P60 will do.
      Thanks - I'm also waiting on my final payslip too, any further advice (other than to chase Edge?)?

Comment

I managed to get my money from them before they blew up, but I'm still waiting for a p45. If they never send one, does anyone know what else I can do? I know they are legally bound to do so, but I'm guessing that means nothing to them based on how they work...
        Wow! How did you get your money back in full? They offered me 40% of what they owed me. I took it.

Comment

Originally posted by garincha View Post
          Wow! How did you get your money back in full? They offered me 40% of what they owed me. I took it.
          I didn't sign the new agreement and took outstanding money PAYE (so ended up paying full tax/NI AND their fees). Thought I was being over-cautious and doing myself out of money at the time, seems like it paid off. Mind you, might not have worked out dramatically differently to your 40% in the end.

Just need to work out what to do for next year's SA now - apparently they have someone that will do our SA for us but I'm unconvinced at the moment.

Comment

I didn't sign the new agreement and took outstanding money PAYE (so ended up paying full tax/NI AND their fees).
            What happenned to your contract when you took the remaining money through PAYE (presumably you resigned from Norla / Edge or was the contract already complete?

Norla said they had assigned all existing contracts to Edge but I have seen no evidence of that.

Comment

[QUOTE=mulberryblue;1299818]What happenned to your contract ...QUOTE]

I had a good relationship with the client - I resigned from Edge mid-December and continued working directly with my client.

Comment

[QUOTE=meanttobeworking;I resigned from Edge mid-December .[/QUOTE]

Thats why you managed to get all your money. Although I asked for November / December invoices to be paid through PAYE at the end of January they said payment was recieved too late ( which wasn't true as they had November payment in December).

But the agency I work through was arguing over termination of the contract - so Norla / Edge held off paying and are now offering 30- 50% of the money they have had from Norla.

Comment

30-50% - if you got 50% you'd not be that far off what you'd have got through PAYE (I don't think) as you'd have to pay their fees on top of Tax and NI. 30% is a different matter though.

For what it's worth, if I were you I'd take what you can and get out of there before the end of the tax year, so at least future SAs are less of an issue. I say that armed with less than all the facts of course!

Comment

Total guesswork, but I'm assuming the reason they're bartering with you is that the money has already been committed to the EBT, and now that you've declined that and asked for PAYE, they're unable to get the money back from the trust so they're having to fund it in some other way. So the money you would have got from the trust is sitting there in your name forever unclaimed, and they're out by however much they have to pay you.

Pure conjecture though, I may be way off.

Comment

Doesn't PCG PLus membership cover you if the client goes bust, or is it only the agency?
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X