• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£50 VAT Repayment Supplement on Annual Accounts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£50 VAT Repayment Supplement on Annual Accounts

Evening all. HMRC have honoured Ltd Co. with a "VAT repayment supplement" of £50 because they were late repaying some VAT. This isn't interest and isn't subject to corporation tax. However, I'm having trouble with how it's best represented on the annual accounts. Has anyone dealt with this in the past? Cheers! Carl.

Hi Carl,

Just add it in as other income, and then take it back out in your tax computation. So your tax comp would be along the lines of:

Profit 10,000
    Depreciation 500
    Other income (50)

Taxable 10,450

CT at 21 % thereon £2,194.50
    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Thanks Clare. I'm happy with putting it into the computations. I wasn't sure if it needed identifying in the accounts proper. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X